I love buying inexpensive jewelry from stores like Forever 21, Francesca’s, and H&M. The pieces are so cheap that I can buy a whole bunch of options and rotate them every single day, mixing them with my pricier pieces and creating a fun, layered look. Inexpensive jewelry is also great because if you lose it, it’s not that big a deal. The one major downside? It breaks easily, and usually gets dirty or tarnished fast.
Luckily, there are ways to clean your janky looking pieces and ways to fix your broken pieces. There are also things you can do to prevent these mishaps from happening. We should all indulge in some $3 earrings sometimes, and these tips will help keep said $3 earrings intact so you really get the most bang for your buck. These tips also work for expensive jewelry that you spent a lot on or got as a gift and really care about saving. Ready to make your jewelry look brand new again? Here are 16 life-saving tips on how to clean and repair jewelry:
1. Make sure your cheap jewelry stays in shape with clear nail polish as a preventative measure.
2. You can also spray jewelry with a protective coat to keep loose jewels in place.
3. Take advantage of household items from your kitchen to clean your jewelry.
4. Instead of buying a cleaner, make your own at home.
5. Here are some more DIY tips:
6. You can also mix baking soda with dish soap for a great cleaner:
7. Toothpaste is a fast and easy solution for cleaning silver jewelry:
8. Sprinkling baby powder on a tangled necklace might help you get a knot out:
9. You can also try using these ingredients:
10. Pay attention to these tips on how to clean specific kinds of jewelry:
11. If your jewelry is beyond repair, repurpose it to decorate an accessory, like a beanie.
12. Get rid of tarnish with a few household ingredients and some aluminum foil.
13. Use nail polish to prevent those annoying green stains around your finger.
14. Use a straw to prevent your necklaces from getting tangled.
15. Avoid these things that end up ruining your jewelry:
16. Make diamonds good as new with these simple items:
Which of these jewelry hacks was your favorite? What have you tried? What did we forget to include? Tell me in the comments.