Halloween costumes (meaning clothes and various accessories) are awesome. Some of them are even beyond awesome. But you know what is a little unexpected and seriously takes some skill? A detailed, realistic, very interesting Halloween makeup look. Sometimes these makeup looks are so good that you don’t even need to pair them with a costume. You can just put on all black or another solid color, and everyone will be so impressed by the makeup you did that they won’t even notice your clothes.
For example, last week I got to check out these crazy sick looks from the Makeup Forever team, and I was totally blown away. So blown away, in fact, that I am considering letting my makeup take center stage this Halloween. Here’s an example of one of them:
Amazing, right? Right. While I don’t have that tutorial for you, I do have other ones. The 17 tutorials below are easier than you would think, and they all give seriously cool results that are either weirdly pretty, very creepy, or just perfect for Halloween in general. If you try these this year, be prepared for all of the stares. Here are 17 Halloween makeup tutorials so cool you won’t even need a costume:
1. Do creepy porcelain doll makeup to make everyone spooked. Doll makeup is great because you can just wear a simple dress you probably already have.
2. This owl makeup looks more elaborate than it is to create. You can just wear white and brown with it!
3. This vampire makeup can be done with items you already have. It’s super easy and perfect for a low-maintenance look.
4. A ghost is a cliche costume, but who cares? Wear a white dress with this makeup and you’re good to go.
5. This bat mask is so fun and different. Wear it with all black.
6. This intense skeleton look requires no other costume.
7. This cute fox or deer look just needs some animal ears and maybe some brown clothes.
8. Go for a half skeleton look if you still want to be recognizable. My favorite thing about this is the glittery eye makeup.
9. If you have a decent amount of time, try this seriously cool comic book character look.
10. If you don’t want to do anything scary or creepy, do a cute scarecrow makeup look.
11. You can’t go wrong with a skeleton look. This one is awesome.
12. If you’re not scared of clowns, then definitely go for this freaky clown makeup.
13. Instead of the shell bikini top and shimmery bottoms everyone else wears to be a mermaid, do something different with this bloody tutorial.
14. This zombie look just requires old clothes you can rip up.
15. This tutorial can either be a cat, or a leopard. Either one is pretty awesome, easy, and great with just black clothes.
16. Sometimes all you need is ventriloquist makeup like this to creep everyone out.
17. This leopard look is so easy and can be done with products you already have:
Which of these Halloween makeup tutorials is your favorite? What do you not like? Tell us in the comments.