Given that I am a human who exists in the world, I’m pretty into Netflix. (Don’t even get me started on Netflix and Chill, though.)
But you know what I might love even more than Netflix? Well, technically, it’s more of a “who” than a “what,” I guess–the literal genius who writes all of the descriptions for the shows and movies on Netflix. Like, seriously, have you seen them? They’re amazing–basically so wildly off-the-mark that they eventually come around to being true. Well, I’m off to search for my Netlix description-penning soulmate, but until then, enjoy some of my favorite Netflix descriptions ever, from Gossip Girl to Twilight:
1. I mean…yep:
The Netflix description of Gossip Girl is the most accurate thing I've read lately pic.twitter.com/Gg5D65kzve
— PROJECT: Elie (@RiotVe1vet) February 18, 2014
2. Clearly, a lot of fanfiction research went into writing this description:
— Jocelyn McLean (@jocelynmclean) October 6, 2015
4. Yeah. Too bad:
5. “But with really nice apartments:”
6. Sorry your new boyfriend is a fugitive with access to rope, I guess:
8. Yeah, guys! Let’s brighten up the dark side!
9. Isn’t this how we all feel about Guy Fieri, though?
Nothing in this world is better than the Netflix description for Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives pic.twitter.com/6jhhL8YBpP
— Hillary Wasserman (@hillwass) September 26, 2015
10. Thanks for warning me about the muskets, Netflix:
— Joshua M. Jones (@mindfad) September 28, 2015
11. You laugh, but just wait–we’ll all be saying “big, fat, 80s fun” to refer to the things we like come 2016:
12. Come for the bedtime stories, stay for the deadtime stories:
13. No lies detected here:
What do you think of these Netflix descriptions? Did I forget any funny ones? Let us know in the comments!