Well, it’s that time of the school year again. The time when, more likely than not, you’re probably looking for a little boost. Grades-wise, probably (because who couldn’t use some help there?), but also in regards to your hair. I mean, the first weeks of school are so optimistic, follically–you really do think that this is the year that you will finally use those YouTube hair tutorials every day–but once the school year really gets going, your inspiration turns flat. Just like your hair.Well, we can’t help you out with your grades, but we can make you start caring about your hair again with this giveaway!
Two readers will win a bunch of Matrix hair products worth over $100, which were all used to create the looks of Olivia Culpo, Dylan Penn, and Amber Fillerup at the Lauren Conrad fashion show from New York Fashion Week! You can check out the full list of products below:
- MATRIX Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Medium Hair
- MATRIX StyleLink Heat Buffer Thermal Styling Spray
- MATRIX StyleLink Texture Builder Messy Finish Spray
- MATRIX Style Link Over Achiever 3-in-1 Cream + Paste + Wax
- MATRIX Style Link Volume Fixer Volumizing Hair Spray
- MATRIX StyleLink Height Riser Volumizing Powder
- MATRIX StyleLink Style Fixer Finishing Hairspray
Want to win? You can enter by following us on Twitter and tweeting at us #matrixgurl. Then make sure to keep scrolling so you can find out how to do three different amazing hairstyles spotted at the Lauren Conrad show.
What are you waiting for? Enter now!
STEP 1: Follow Gurl.com on Twitter at @gurldotcom.
STEP 2: Tweet us the hashtag #matrixgurl
This sweepstakes ends on September 30, 2015 at 12 noon EST. Good luck!
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter®.
To get Olivia Culpo’s look, check out Matrix celebrity hair stylist Nick Stenson’s instructions:
He says: “I love Olivia’s Lob, and I wanted to give her tousled romatic curls with a center part to show off those amazing cheek bones!”
- Start with MATRIX Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Medium Hair to cleanse and condition in just 5 minutes and then rinse!
- Next, apply MATRIX StyleLink Heat Buffer Thermal Styling Sray on damp hair for extra protection.
- Once blowdried, part hair down the middle and clip up your first section
- Then, part each and split hair into horizontal sections and curl each section in a different direction using a 1 inch barrel curling iron
- Once you get closer to the face, curl hair backwards (away from face)
- To finish the look, add MATRIX StyleLink Texture Builder Messy Finish Spray to give the curls some texture and dimension
For Dylan Penn’s hair, see what Matrix celebrity hair stylist George Papanikolas says to do:
He says: “Dylan is a naturally beautiful girl, and I wanted her hair to be simply feminine to accentuate her natural beauty.”
- To achieve Dylan’s feminine-yet-sultry loose waves, apply MATRIX Style Link Over Achiever 3-in-1 Cream + Paste + Wax to damp hair before blow drying for maximum texture, grip and lasting hold.
- Sub-section hair, spray MATRIX Style Link Heat Buffer Thermal Styling Spray to protect hair from heat damage. Curl mid-lengths and allow each section to drop and cool.
- To finish and add volume, use MATRIX Style Link Volume Fixer Volumizing Hair Spray.
Finally, to get Amber Fillerup’s super-cool braid, check out the instructions from George Papanikolas:
He says: “Amber Fillerup of Barefoot Blonde requested a fun braided look , so I went for the 4 Strand braid, which is much easier than it looks! All you have to remember is over and under, and under and over!”
- I prepped the hair with MATRIX StyleLink Texture Builder Messy Finish Spray to give hair all over texture.
- Next, I brushed the hair to one side. Then, I sectioned her hair into four equal strands
- I started with the side closest to Amber’s face and going from right (#1) to left (#4), begin with dtrands 1, 2, and 3 on the right, disregarding the fourth strand.
- TIP: Adding numbers for each strand will makes it so much easire and helps you get into a numeric rhythm – it’s the only time math will be easy!
- Then, you braid and strand #1 goes over strand #2 and under strand #3
- And then from left to right, you cross #4 to the right and disregard strand #1, then strand number #4 goes under strand #3 and over #2
- I repeated the last two steps until I reached the end of her hair and secured it with an elastic band
- To give the braid a fun and fuller look I pulled on the hair to loosen it up and even let some of the hair in front fall
- to complete the look, I added MATRIX StyleLink Height Riser Volumizing Powder to give the roots a lift and finished with MATRIX StyleLink Style Fixer Finishing Hairspray