At the risk of sounding like your grandma, I’ll just say it: kids today don’t realize how easy they have it when it comes to technology. Why, in my day, we had to pick up a phone and call someone if we wanted to meet them for dinner. We had to set an exact time to meet them and hope things didn’t get messed up because otherwise we couldn’t get in touch with them. HRUMPH. We couldn’t save things to Dropbox or Google docs…we had to put our files on a floppy disc. Or even worse, print them out!
Meanwhile, today’s toddlers are playing twenty different high-quality games on their iPads while we were trying to entertain ourselves with Cabbage Patch Dolls. We’re talking about struggle, here, people.
If you grew up in the 90s, you experienced technology problems that would scare the kids of today. Those twelve-year-olds with their smart phones and laptops and Apple TVs have no idea what life is like without the internet. I’d like to see them try to get through a week without it! Bwahahaha.
Here are some tech struggles that you 90s kids will remember!
1. Having to play non-Internet computer games.
2. Crossing your fingers that your dial-up worked.
3. CD Players were NOT conveniently shaped.
4. Beats By Dre was not a thing yet.
5. If you wanted to text an “S”, you had to push 7 four times.
6. Feeling overwhelmed by the responsibility of caring for your virtual pet.
7. Your Super Nintendo games wouldn’t work sometimes.
8. Recording your fav show on VHS only to see this:
9. Your CDs took up so much room in your car.
10. This is what it was like looking at photos on the internet:
12. Trying to get a cool ringtone for your phone.
13. Wikipedia? DIDN’T EXIST.
14. Scratched CDs.
15. You had to know phone numbers by heart.
16. Razors were the coolest phone, but you’re parents wouldn’t buy you one.
17. Ugh. . .so many windows to close.
18. If you wanted to chat with someone, you had to wait for them to log on.
19. Not understanding the rules of this game but playing anyway.
20. You had to memorize phone numbers.
Which one was the funniest? Are you a 90s kid? Let us know in the comments below?