There are lots of fall trends that I’m excited about trying this year, but my favorite one might be the suede skirt trend. I started seeing light brown, dark brown, and even colored suede skirts pop up on the Instagram feeds of my favorite style bloggers earlier this summer. Since suede doesn’t feel like a summery fabric to me, I waited until a few weeks ago to get in on the style. I bought myself two suede skirts (one from H&M and one from Forever 21 – proving style doesn’t have to be expensive!), and I’m obsessed with them.
I’ve been pair my brown suede skirts with heeled sandals, floral tops, lace crop tops, and even regular t-shirts. I’m excited for fall weather, when I can wear them with boots, ankle booties, tights, and sweaters. If you’re going to buy one new staple for the upcoming season, I suggest you make it this one. Here are 20 style tips on how to wear suede skirts for fall:
1. Tuck a striped shirt into your suede mini and add whatever shoes you’d like. Simple and cute!
2. For a more professional look, tuck in a button-down shirt and add some cute heels or booties.
3. For the coldest days of fall, you can layer with tights and high boots to keep your legs warm.
4. You can make a suede skirt super casual with a graphic tee, jean jacket, and sneakers.
5. How cute is this tribal crop top with a higher waisted suede skirt?
6. You can’t go wrong with strappy heels, a black shirt, and a brown belt.
7. For those Indian summer days, a loose crop top and ankle boots looks perfect with a suede mini.
8. Add a light sweater and flats to keep it simple.
9. Add a denim jacket as a cute layer.
10. A white button-down is always a good idea.
11. Tights are the perfect way to transition your suede skirt into fall. Add a big sweater and whatever shoes you’d like.
12. A simple tee, pretty scarf, ankle boots, and colorful clutch make for a really easy, put-together look.
13. You really can’t go wrong with a white tee and white sneakers.
14. A lace top goes perfectly with a suede skirt.
15. Of course a classic chambray shirt pairs well with a suede skirt.
16. I love this simple outfit. It takes five minutes to put together, but still looks stylish!
17. A big, chunky sweater looks so much less clunky tucked into a suede skirt.
18. This is a great transition outfit – wear a skirt and blouse in the warmer weather, and add tights and a cardigan when it gets colder.
Enjoying the last few days of Summer Also, happy Friday Insta!! #norway #oslo #sunshine #currentlywearing #ootd #lotd #wiwt #whatiwore #wiw #suedeskirt #skirt #cardigan #fedora #hat #cute #sweet #outfit #instadaily #oslobilder #instastyle #style #fashion #instafashion #fashiondiaries #lookbook #love #mystyle #summertime #endofsummer
19. Add a leather jacket and a big scarf for chilly days.
20. It doesn’t get much cuter than a fun graphic tee and knee-high boots.
Which of these outfits is your favorite? How would you wear a suede skirt? Tell me in the comments.