Spencer and Toby, or Spoby, on Pretty Little Liars are definitely a fan favorite couple. Everyone loves them together and thinks they’re the definition of relationship goals. Guys, I have some bad news: Spoby kinda sucks. I do believe that opposites attract, but Spencer and Toby have nothing in common except for their penchant for lying.
Here’s why you should never ship Spoby again:
1. Spencer literally thought Toby was a murderer:
Yeah, you can be wrong about people. But I mean… “Hey babe, remember that time I thought you murdered my best friend? Lol.”
2. They constantly lie to each other:
Like all the time.
3. They recognize that they lie and do it anyway:
4. Toby is very grabby:
5. Toby was literally “A” and didn’t tell Spencer:
6. I mean…
7. Spencer cheats on Toby like 24/7:
She kissed that rando in London this season! Spencer. Get it together.
8. Toby became the worst cop ever and made Spencer feel like crap:
He’s never around, and he got her arrested.
9. Seriously, they are so dishonest with each other:
They keep lying.
10. They never actually hang out:
They don’t do anything together except screw up plans to catch “A.”
11. Spencer asks Toby to lie on her behalf like every day:
Not cool, Spence.
12. Spencer is way to smart for Tobes:
Sorry, y’all, but Spencer really needs someone who can challenge her brainpower.
Are you a Spoby shipper? What do you like or dislike about them? Tell us in the comments below!
You can reach this post’s author, Caitlin Corsetti, on Twitter and Instagram!