Periods are not fun. No one in the history of the world has ever said, “I had the BEST time having my period this month!” It’s never an experience you’d write songs about or reminisce on or share over a candlelight dinner. You just trudge through your period month after month because you have no other option. #HERO
So, basically, periods are an awful time, through and through. However, there are some aspects of being on your period that are especially annoying (the avalanche of blood when you get up in the morning, for example). These moments are so bad that they make you wonder why someone out there decided girls had to suffer this way. If you’re a female who has started her period, you’ll understand these 17 annoying moments of that time of the month. If you haven’t started your period yet, well… enjoy it while it lasts!
1. You’re already embarrassed enough about your first period, then you have to tell your mom about it.
2. Boyfriends literally have no idea what to say to make you feel better.
3. Pads have a mind of their own.
4. You can never get comfortable.
5. It can hit you out of nowhere.
6. You feel like you have to hide the fact that you’re menstruating even though it’s all you can think about.
7. No matter how hard you try to protect against it, there is always a disaster overnight.
8. You want all the chocolate.
9. You think it’s over but it never is.
10. It’s always when you don’t wear a pad that it’s the worst.
11. You live in constant fear of this happening.
12. Mood swings. Yep.
13. It’s awkward to talk about it with your dad.
14. Exercising never sounds good.
15. You can never be discreet.
16. DID IT START? OR NOT??
17. Say goodbye to your underwear.
What’s the most annoying thing about having your period? Let us know in the comments below!