Okay, let’s be real: STDs can be really confusing. By that I mean, contracting an STD can happen in so many different ways that it is easy to get really spooked about them. Like, if getting herpes requires skin contact, what if your skin touched the toilet seat that a person with herpes also used? What if someone with an STD ejaculates on your leg? What if you share the same glass as somebody with an STD?
For the record, the aforementioned things can’t really happen.
While every STD behaves differently, they usually only spread in straight forward ways–unprotected sexy times–and can be avoided with the right education. But for every reasonable question about contracting an STD comes a question that is so mind bogglingly dumb that it’s almost beautiful, really. Want an example? Here are nine of them, courtesy of Yahoo Answers. Get ready to cringe.
1. You’re in for a rude awakening.
2. Uh, no.
3. Someone needs to go back to sex ed.
4. And take this person with you.
6. SERIOUSLY, WHY DON’T WE HAVE BETTER SEX ED?
7. Are you writing Twilight fan fiction with a sex ed twist or…?
8. Yeah, uh, you can’t determine that someone is more or less likely to have an STD by looking at them.
9. Not gonna ask.
Have you ever had a silly misconception about STDs? What’s the dumbest STD myth you’ve ever heard? Tell us in the comments!