Let’s come clean… we all tweak our pictures and posts to make us look super awesome online. The internet allows us to carefully craft our image in a way that is glamorous, exciting, and enviable to all of our followers (#BLESSED). When you can cherry pick your best moments and add a filter, anyone’s life can look like a dream. Why would you post the sad and boring things when you could post the exciting things worthy of a good humblebrag?
However, we can get a little down on ourselves if we’re always looking at other people’s online lives and comparing them to our real lives. Facebook Depression is a real thing, y’all! It’s important to take a step back and realize that the stuff your friends post is very rarely the realistic version of what is going on. We’ve all got our struggles. Here are a few of the things that are a lot different when posted online than they actually are in real life:
1. Your life in general on the internet vs. real life
2. Couples on the internet vs. real life
Couples on the internet: always happy, in love, super photogenic pictures of wonderful moments. Couples in real life: fighting about what to watch on TV that night.
3. Your mood on the internet vs real life
You on the internet: “I love my life #blessed.” You in real life: “When can I go to sleep?”
4. Your persona on the internet vs. real life
You on Facebook: Look at all of the awesome things I do! Check out where I checked in! Look who I’m with! You in real life: *Mostly just watches Netflix with a bag of chips.*
5. Your friends on the internet vs. real life
Your friends on the Internet: perfect hair, perfect makeup, outfit on fleek, amazing selfie. Friends in real life: *Everyone stares at their phones while gossiping.*
6. Your hobbies on the internet vs real life
7. Flirting on the internet vs real life
Flirting online: You are literally the queen of flirting. Flirting in real life: “OMG what am I supposed to say?!”
8. Showing off on the internet vs real life
9. Your coolness level on the internet vs real life
10. Country Boys on the internet vs. real life
what the internet says country boys look like vs what the one’s I see in real life look like pic.twitter.com/hdpbRHYSnH
— Bitch Code. (@TheTumblrPosts) August 4, 2015
11. Autumn on the internet vs. real life
12. Your looks on the internet vs. real life
13. Your dog on the internet vs. real life
Twitter vs Real Life pic.twitter.com/UiS0roPtcs
— ㅤㅤzeusdaya (@shrekteen) July 31, 2015
14. Sleeping on the internet vs. real life
15. Your whole life on the internet vs. real life
The Internet makes everyone’s lives seem at least 4963157 times cooler than real life.
— Kandee Johnson (@kandeejohnson) July 30, 2015
How do you think that the internet is different than real life? Let us know in the comments below!