One of the most annoying things about buying bras is that even though they can be pretty pricey, they also tend to wear quickly. When you find a favorite bra, you wear it a lot, and it inevitably gets stretched out or dirty, no matter how often you wash it. But getting rid of a bra just because it’s a little old looking feels like a total waste of money! That’s exactly why I went in search for some DIY ideas to update your old bras.
These tutorials are all pretty easy, and they’ll allow you to turn an old bra into something that feels like new. You can take an older bra or a bra you don’t wear very often and turn it into a cute bandeau. Add some straps and make it look awesome underneath a loose tank top. You can even transform it into a unique bathing suit! Want to find out more? Read on for these 18 DIY tutorials on how to update your old bras:
1. Turn a strapless bra into something awesome that you’ll definitely want to show off.
2. Take a plain bra and add some lace to make it look like a beautiful bandeau.
3. Not sure what to do with an old bra that looks icky? Turn it into a bathing suit top! You already know it will fit well.
4. Add some studs for a seriously fierce bra that you’ll want to show off under clothes… or without them.
5. Add some straps to make a bra work even for backless shirts.
6. You can also add a chain and a ribbon to really make your bra look awesome with a backless or low-back top.
7. If you know how to work a sewing machine, you can transform a strapless bra into a really adorable bustier.
8. This T-strap bra is super simple and perfect for loose tank tops.
9. Create a strappy bra that you won’t mind showing off.
10. This cage bra is super sexy and cool looking – and it’s not that hard to make.
11. This DIY harness bra is another simple but super sexy look you need to try.
12. Add some color to your bra so that it doesn’t even look like a bra!
13. If you’d prefer to wear something backless with no straps showing, you can sew an old bra into your dress.
14. This macrame back is so pretty that you’ll want to wear backless shirts just to wear it.
15. Want to turn your bra into a bathing suit but worried it will be too obvious? Add some black trim.
16. You can also taking a boring bra and make it into a gorgeous vintage-inspired bikini top.
17. Turn your bra into a strappy crop top or bandeau.
18. Add some rhinestones to make a cool pattern on a boring bra.
Which of these bra tutorials is your favorite? What are you going to try? What did I forget to include? Tell me in the comments!