If you’re familiar with these outfit ideas posts, then you probably already know that I love a good striped shirt. A striped shirt is a classic, something that makes me think of Parisian chic and nautical vibes all at once. A striped shirt is so versatile and easy to wear, and anyone can incorporate one into their outfit, no matter what kind of style they have.
I already showed you guys how to wear striped shirts in the winter, when you’re focusing on bundling up and keeping warm. But striped shirts are a perfect summer piece, and so I wanted to give you some tips on how to wear them during the next few months. Get your perfect striped shirt (it doesn’t matter if it’s tight, loose, long-sleeves or a tank top), and check out these outfit ideas right now – here are 20 style tips on how to wear a striped shirt this summer.
1. Keep it super simple and pair your striped shirt with high waisted shorts and sneakers. Comfy and cute!
2. Or you can go for ripped jeans. Pointy heels dress up this casual look instantly.
3. Pair your striped shirt with white jeans for a serious all-American preppy vibe.
4. Don’t be afraid to mix patterns. Stripes look so good with a bright floral skirt like this one.
5. If you’re like, “uh, well, I am afraid,” then ease into the print mixing with a look that is all one color scheme, like this one. Love the pop of color with the bag!
6. With white shorts and a cute hat, your striped shirt couldn’t be more perfect for summer.
7. A colorful striped shirt and flat sandals keep a midi skirt simple and casual.
8. Plaid looks great with striped shirts, but if it’s too hot to layer, just put it around your waist like this girl.
9. A striped shirt makes a fancy skirt look more casual right away.
10. Opt for a crop top instead, and wear it with shorts or a skirt. I love the unexpected ankle boots here.
11. Wear your striped shirt with a bright maxi skirt for a fun and easy outfit.
12. Shorts and heels sometimes look too dressed up, but a striped shirt and a hat keep it more low-key.
13. Add some color to a black and white striped top with bright shorts and a cute statement necklace.
14. Keep it simple with a pretty skater skirt.
15. Go for skinny ankle pants and heels for an easy yet chic outfit.
16. Add an unexpected accessory, like leopard heels, for a unique look.
17. Make a striped shirt more professional by adding a fitted blazer.
18. Wear an open button down as a “sweater” or a beach coverup.
19. A striped shirt makes something fancy like a tulle skirt look much more daytime appropriate. And it’s so cute!
20. For easy street style, wear your striped shirt with a pretty scarf, boyfriend jeans, and heels or wedges.
Which of these outfit ideas is your favorite? How do you wear a striped shirt? What did I forget? Tell me in the comments.