If you’ve been on Twitter, Instagram or Tumblr at all in the last few days, you probably noticed a whole bunch of videos floating around under the hashtag #DontJudgeChallenge. If you’re anything like me, you probably ignored them for a while until you were like, “okay, WTF is going on?”
The #DontJudgeChallenge started as a way to combat negativity on the Internet and to promote body positivity. I’m not sure where that initial goal went, because the videos quickly morphed into being more insulting and negative than anything else. People posted videos of themselves going from “ugly” to “pretty.” Unfortunately, the “ugly” versions included fake acne, body hair, glasses, and buck teeth – all of which insulted the people who actually do deal with that stuff.
The good news is that many social media users managed to turn it around a little bit. Some people made #DontJudgeChallenge videos that made fun of the trend, and actually did encourage body positivity. Others used it as a way to show off their weird and hilarious sense of humor. If you thought you hated this challenge, think again: here are 20 surprising videos from the #DontJudgeChallenge you’ll actually love:
1. What is happening. WHAT IS HAPPENING?
— Dory (@Dory) July 7, 2015
2. Wear makeup if you want, but know you don’t need it to be beautiful!
— Babe ♡ (@ThatsRelatabIe) July 7, 2015
3. And again…
— Darkness. (@5Love1D) July 6, 2015
4. I laughed for too long at this.
— Common Black Girl (@CommonBlackGirI) July 7, 2015
5. This girl gets it:
— jularry 26 (@parmahamlarry) July 5, 2015
6. These are the challenge videos we deserve:
— granny (@grannywinkle) July 7, 2015
7. But really though….
— Kardashian Reactions (@KardashianReact) July 7, 2015
8. So true.
— عبدالوهاب العنزي (@EneziAbdulwahab) July 7, 2015
9. This is just getting weird.
— carlie (@34lovey) July 7, 2015
10. Don’t dog shame this little guy!
— Principessa (@berzerkasfuck) July 7, 2015
11. I think you may be doing it wrong…
— •King Torrence• (@1MarcusTorrence) July 7, 2015
12. Look at this little dog! Cute either way.
13. More like this please!
— olivia (@liverlane) July 7, 2015
14. Not that there’s ANYTHING wrong with wearing makeup, but these are great:
— Kurosaki (@MillerThaGod) July 7, 2015
15. Can I be best friends with this girl?
— Mila Kunis (@MilIa_Kunis) July 7, 2015
16. I love the statement she’s making about glasses!
— Adryana. (@eriqaadryana) July 7, 2015
17. I don’t know what’s happening here but for some reason I like it.
— molly (@paykose) July 7, 2015
18. What she said:
— anna clendening (@annaclendening) July 6, 2015
19. This is out of control.
— natalie talbott (@natalietalbott) July 6, 2015
20. The message you need to hear:
Someone had to say it pic.twitter.com/m8Bhyomlg9
— dont judge me (@dontjudgemepage) July 7, 2015
Which of these videos is your favorite? Which one do you not like? What did I forget to include? Tell me in the comments.