Summer heat is great for beach and pool days, and for your spirit – but for hair? Not so much. Between the humidity, random thunderstorms, and feeling hot in general, my hair is a total mess from June until the middle of September. I chopped it off a few months ago, so it’s not that long right now, but last year I was dealing with a LOT of hair… and it’s super uncomfortable.
Sure, the heat is bad for any type of hair, but girls with long hair have it extra hard. Hair makes you hot, especially when it’s thick and heavy and all over the place. You could just put it up in a messy bun or ponytail, but what if you’re feeling something more fun and unique? There are endless options on Pinterest and beauty blogs all over the Internet, and I’ve put together some of the cutest and easiest tutorials I’ve seen – and none of them involve extra heat! Here are 20 easy summer hairstyles for girls with long hair that will take you to the beach and beyond:
1. Keep all your hair away from any part of your body with this twisty bun (the hair dryer isn’t necessary):
2. This can be done on long or short hair – twist, tease,t hen pull into a messy, low bun.
3. Wrap your hair around a headband to keep it tucked away. The French braid on the side makes this even cuter.
4. A braided bun will stay in place so you don’t have to worry about it falling apart, even at a windy beach.
5. This faux-hawk ponytail is one of the coolest hairstyles you can try this summer.
6. Perfectly messy milk braids are perfect for beach days.
7. Make a braid instantly more interesting by making it into a cool combo.
8. Wrap your hair in a scarf for a cute boho look.
9. Take your bun to the next level with this tutorial.
10. This pretty braided updo works for long or short hair.
11. Dutch braids are so gorgeous. Do two of them into a ponytail to keep your hair pretty on even the most humid days.
12. You can also try a side Dutch braid into a regular braid for a more boho look.
13. A big braid crown is perfect for the hottest days when you want to look cute without dealing with hair.
14. Two small side braids make the simplest braid more fun.
15. When you just can’t deal with your hair, wrap it up like so:
16. Turn beach hair into a perfectly messy, low, knotted bun.
17. Turn your braid into a headband.
18. This twisted, knotted ‘do is great for lazy beach days.
19. Make your updo more interesting with this tutorial:
20. Opt for retro pinup vibes with this cute look.
Which one of these hairstyles is your favorite? What did I forget to include? Tell me in the comments.