By now, we’re all more than familiar with crop tops. When they first became trendy, figuring out how to wear them was a bit of a struggle. But what about how to wear a bralette? In case you’re not familiar, a bralette is basically a smaller crop top – another way to describe it is a soft bra, usually lacy with feminine touches.
One way to wear bralettes is under a loose tank top or a sheer shirt. It’s a fun, pretty way to show off some skin without leaving a “regular” bra fully visible. If you’re feeling more bold, you can wear a bralette the same way you would wear a crop top. Still confused? Here are 20 style tips on how to wear a bralette with outfit ideas as inspiration.
1. Pair a bralette with high-waist shorts and an unbuttoned plaid shirt (depending on how much skin you’re comfortable showing).
2. Pair a lacy bralette with a nice maxi skirt for a fancier event.
3. A bralette of any color or shape looks great under a sheer white t-shirt. It makes wearing white easier!
4. Pair your bralette with high-waist shorts and a light kimono for the easiest summer outfit ever.
5. You can also keep it simple by wearing a bralette with high-waist jeans.
6. Not sure what to put under a sheer white button-down? A bralette looks really cute.
7. A bralette is also great to wear under a shirt that has an open back.
8. Bralettes look so cute with maxi skirts because they balance each other out. Add a denim jacket on top if you want to hide a little skin.
9. Shirts with open sides like this can seem impossible – but that’s where a bralette comes in!
10. Wear a cute bralette under a low tank.
11. They also look cute when paired with high-waist skater skirts.
12. Wear a bralette under short overalls with sneakers for a cool, casual look.
13. A strappy bralette is the perfect thing to wear under a sheer, backless dress.
14. Wear a lacy bralette under a leather jacket for a bit of edge.
15. A lacy black bralette peaking out under a loose black tee is so pretty.
16. Another way to wear a bralette with a maxi skirt is to add a loose sweater over it.
17. Go for a more structured outfit by wearing your bralette with a high-waist skirt and a blazer.
18. On chilly days, wear a bralette under a sheer, loose sweater.
19. Pair your bralette with soft flared pants for a super comfy outfit.
20. Play with layers by wearing your bralette under a tank and kimono.
Which of these outfit ideas is your favorite? How do you wear a bralette? What did I forget to include? Tell me in the comments!