If you’re a woman, you’re going to have to visit the gynecologist at some point in your life. I know women in their 20s who still haven’t been, which is not ideal. You should really start going when you get your period to make sure everything is all good down there. You’re not a doctor, and you certainly can’t check out your own uterus. Your gyno is also a great resource for any questions you have about birth control, sex, or life in some cases.
It’s important to find a gynecologist who you’re comfortable with and who you can actually talk to. But regardless of your age or doctor, that first trip to the gyno is always pretty scary.
1. Maybe this won’t be as scary as I think it’s going to be.
Right? Like all women do this. It can’t be that bad.
2. I really don’t want a stranger looking all up in my vag.
Especially not a guy.
3. I wish they didn’t call these things stirrups.
I am not a horse.
4. I have to wear this gown backwards? Why?
I feel so exposed.
5. Oh hello, Doctor. I am essentially naked, but this isn’t weird.
It’s totally weird.
6. Andddd you’re touching my boobs.
More like mashing them. No bumps? Great.
7. HAHA you’re putting THAT up my vagina?
This is uncomfortable.
9. That’s it?
We’re done? Thank GOD. I can go now, right?
10. Well, not looking forward to doing this again.
See you next year, doc.