This might sound obvious, but listen, friendship is so effing important. Who else other than your besties do you plan to laugh with, cry with, and tell all your secrets to? Your mom? Ha, uh, naw. There’s something particularly special about having a small group of friends that you’re super close to. It’s like having a little family, you know? That beats having tons of friends you’re only sort of close to any day.
But what about best friendships? Usually it’s between two people, a special bond that is practically magical or something. It’s a special bond that I, frankly, haven’t experienced since I was a little kid. I don’t have a best friend. Sure, I have plenty of tight, powerful friendships that I wouldn’t give up for anything in the world. But a best friend? Nope. It’s a bit of a bummer, honestly, but it’s the truth. If you think you’re in the same boat, you’ll probably relate to these nine things a little too much. Hey, maybe our fate will change, but for now we’re part of the BFF-less club.
1. You’ve had a moment in which the person you thought was your best friend called someone else their best friend instead. RUDE AWAKENING.
2. You resent BFF jewelry.
3. You also sneer at those TAG YOUR BFF posts on Instagram.
4. You low key get jealous when someone describes someone as their best friend. WHAT DOES THAT FEEL LIKE?
5. You have super close friends who you tell everything to, and vice versa. But you’re convinced that they probably call someone else their best friend.
6. You often feel like the only person on the planet who doesn’t have a BFF.
7. You try to convince yourself that it’s better to have a lot of close friends as opposed to one best friend.
8. You wonder if one of your friends considers you their best friend, but it’s not like you’re going to ask. How awkward would that be?
9. You know that this is such a silly thing to care about because, hey, at least you have friends. But whatever, you’re just dealing with that BFF FOMO life.
Are you best friendless as well? Do you wish you had one? Tell us in the comments!