It’s not news that girls have periods. We get them every month for the majority of our lives. Periods are disgusting and they suck, but they also are normal and part of being a woman. Yet, somehow, we’re ashamed for having them. We’re conditioned to think that we shouldn’t talk about bleeding out of our vaginas.
And we’re especially not supposed to talk to guys about our periods. We should feel comfortable talking to boyfriends or guy friends about our periods, but you’ll likely have these 10 thoughts if you do:
1. How do I even have this conversation?
I mean, I have to be able to talk about this since it happens every month.
2. Does he even understand anything about periods?
3. This is the reason girls are scared to talk about periods.
Did he really just ask me if it just pours out?
4. Why is he freaking out about discussing my period when he’s fine with having sex while I’m on it?
5. Would he ever buy me tampons if I needed them?
6. He knows his mom had her period, right?
Like women have them. It’s science.
7. Is he laughing about how serious my PMS is?
LOL you really don’t understand, buddy.
8. He will never get the pain of cramps.
9. If you can’t handle talking about a little blood, you need to get it together.
I do this every month. Get over it.
10. Does he think I’m gross now?
I’m allowed to think I’m gross. If he does, it’s donezo.
Have you ever talked about your period with a guy? What happened? Tell us in the comments below!
You can reach this post’s author, Caitlin Corsetti, on Twitter and Instagram!