When it comes to losing your virginity, people have a lot to say. Here are just a few things people will tell you about your first time having sex: It should be with someone you care about, if not, you’ll regret it. You’ll immediately feel an emotional attachment to the person you just had sex with and it will never go away. You’ll bleed and it will be very painful and you’ll get used to that. It will last .5 seconds and you’ll be very unsatisfied. It will be awkward and uncomfortable, but don’t worry, one day it will get better.
Some of these things are true (first time sex is usually SO awkward), other things are not (not everyone bleeds their first time). As a society, we have a very specific idea about losing your virginity, but these don’t always translate to real life. In real life, other things happen… things no one ever really talks about. Here are 20 things no one ever tells you about losing your virginity:
1. It probably won’t feel good.
Your first time is almost never great. But don’t worry, it honestly does get better!
2. All that planning probably isn’t worth it – sex rarely goes as planned.
Go ahead, plan a romantic, elaborate evening – something will go wrong. Sex is just better when it’s unplanned.
3. Things get messy fast.
I’m not talking about emotions. I’m talking about bodily fluids. It isn’t the best.
4. Faking it is harder than you would imagine.
It’s basically an art form to do it correctly. But don’t do it. It’s not worth it!
5. You don’t have to lose your virginity to a guy in order for it to “count.”
Everyone has a different view on what it means to lose your virginity. You can be a girl and lose it to a girl!
6. Your life doesn’t change afterwards, and you probably won’t even feel any different.
I’m just being honest here. Some people act like it’s this big changing point, and it’s just… not.
7. Your partner doesn’t even focus on your body that much.
They’ll be off in their own world, and you will be too.
8. It’s really easy to get distracted.
You might have to literally bite your tongue to keep yourself from laughing at the TV.
9. You might not even want to cuddle immediately after because you both get sweaty and gross.
10. It’s really hard to find a place to do it.
CAR SEX IS SO HARD.
11. Sex either brings you closer to someone, or it makes things weird. There is rarely an in-between.
12. You might feel sort of disappointed.
13. As a woman, you might need extra stimulation to have an orgasm.
Women generally need clitoral stimulation, which is difficult to get from penetration.
14. You may not feel like you have to pee after, but that doesn’t mean you can’t pee.
15. Sex is much better if you’re sober.
I don’t know where the myth came from that drunk sex is good?
16. Some guys get so nervous they go soft. It’s almost never your fault.
Please don’t stress. They’re probably so embarrassed they don’t even want to think about it.
17.You both won’t finish at the same time like in the movies.
That literally almost never happens.
18. Switching positions is HARD.
Not everyone can be Ryan Gosling.
19. You won’t always get attached to the person.
You might, but you won’t always.
20. You’ll eventually forget the details.
Which of these things do you disagree with? What do you agree with? What did I forget? Tell me in the comments.