Being in a relationship is great, but being single is great too. I love having a boyfriend, and I’m so happy in my relationship. However, there are a lot of things you can’t do when you’re dating someone. A lot of those things like focusing on hobbies and spending time with my friends I get to do because my BF and I are long-distance. But there are other things that I am not privy to anymore since I’m with someone.
People don’t always realize that you can’t do certain things once you get into a relationship:
1. Flirt with whoever you want
2. Spend time with your friends and family
You might spend time with them even if you’re in a relationship, but not as much as you probably should.
3. Spend time alone
You need time to hang out with yourself, and we usually give that up in relationships.
4. Do things without letting someone know what you’re doing
No checking in!
5. Take up the whole bed
So much space!!!!
6. Watch as much Netflix as you want without someone judging your “Recently Watched”
You can binge all of the terrible TV you want!
7. Be kind of a slob if you feel like it
Getting dolled up is fun, but you don’t have to do any of that now if you don’t want to.
8. Date multiple people
Just because you’re single doesn’t mean you can’t casually date!
9. Eat food without sharing it
Nom, nom, nom!
10. Give your number out to people you think are cute
Give it to the barista, that cutie at the pool, whoever!
11. Have casual hookups
Just remember to be safe!
12. Figure out what you really want
Sometimes relationships can blind you from what you’re actually looking for. Being single allows you to figure it out!
13. Make decisions without someone else’s opinion
You don’t have to factor someone in!
14. Treat yo self
You get to be selfish when you’re single!
What other things can you do when you’re single that you can’t do when you’re in a relationship? Tell us in the comments below!
You can reach this post’s author, Caitlin Corsetti, on Twitter and Instagram!