I’ve always had a slightly offbeat sense of style. I mean, not that long ago in high school I was rocking bright neon tights with rainbow checkered skirts and weird graphic tees. I’m not quite wearing that now, but I am rocking pink jellies, ultra ’80s shoulder padded blouses, and and DIY denim jackets. While I’d like to think that my style has improved, it still has its roots in being a little weird, a little wacky, and a little rebellious.
There are so many different types of not-so-trendy types of style, but there are definitely a few commonalities between all of them. Here are 10 things you’ll understand if you don’t have a mainstream sense of style.
1. You’ve definitely experienced people staring at you because of your outfit.
2. As much as you like your wacky style, you look back at some of your outfits and seriously cringe.
3. Your closet is such a weird combination of clothes.
4. Your parents have definitely given you some side eye about your style choices.
5. You’re always the one in your group of friends who is swooning over the weirdest celebrity style choices.
6. You’re not afraid to try something wacky with your hair.
7. You definitely don’t pay attention to staying on trend. Ain’t nobody got time for that.
8. You hate when your outfit feels too boring. NEEDS MORE WEIRDNESS.
9. You’ve had to deal with someone straight up telling you that your outfit is weird.
10. You know that your style is a little funky, but there’s no shame in your weirdness game.
Do you have a sense of style that makes people do a double take? Has anyone ever straight up called your clothing choices weird? Tell us in the comments!