I was starting middle school when thongs became super mainstream in the early and mid ’00s. I didn’t even know much about thongs by then, even when the “Thong Song” came out a few years prior. But I knew that they were believed to be more risque than traditional undies, and that it was super obvious when someone was wearing them. For example, ultra low rise pants were in, too, so they were always super visible in class. Of course, the guys in the class would get a kick out of it, while us girls rolled our eyes. Honestly, I–stupidly–thought that thongs were kind of skanky…until I realized that they’re just a useful type of underwear that decrease the visibility of underwear lines. They’re not always super comfortable, but they have a purpose, for sure! Also, it’s just stupid to judge people based on their underwear!
Unfortunately, there are a lot of folks out there who, like my earlier self, are super confused and misguided by a simple scrap of underwear. And, like many other misguided people, they take their confusion to a pit known as Yahoo Answers. Here are 10 of the stupidest questions about thongs.
1. Yeah, so, wearing a thong doesn’t make you a slut. Can we stop using the word slut, period?
2. ANYONE CAN WEAR A THONG.
3. Um, your GF is going to wear what she’s comfortable with, bro.
4. We just deal.
6. Pretty sure the bible doesn’t say anything about undies.
7. WAY TO JUMP TO STUPID CONCLUSIONS ABOUT YOUR GF.
9. Why would this ever be true?
10. And another scared BF. Get a grip!
What do you think of thongs? Do you wear them or nah? Tell us in the comments!