There are many reasons why shoes are the best, but there are also plenty of reasons why they’re kind of the worst. Shoes may bring your outfit to the next level, but they can also easily get destroyed because there’s so much wear and tear happening. From scuff marks to holes to just wearing out the heels, there’s so much that can happen that can ruin your favorite pair.
Besides that, there’s also the issue of comfort. Some of the prettiest, most impressive shoes are also some of the most uncomfortable – and I know from experience that walking around feeling like your feet are about to fall off is usually not even worth it. Want to know how to make your shoes more comfortable and keep them intact? Here are 25 shoe hacks, tips, and tricks every girl must know right now:
1. Use stale bread to make suede look clean.
2. Keep sneakers super clean using nail polish remover.
3. Stretch new shoes by filling a baggie with water, putting it in the shoes, then sticking them in the freezer.
4. Or break new shoes in by wearing them with thick socks and blowing them with hot air from a blow dryer.
5. You can also stretch tight boots using thick socks and rubbing alcohol.
6. You can also use nail polish remover to get scuff marks off of patent leather.
7. Use beeswax and baby powder to waterproof your canvas shoes.
8. Sticking tea bags in your shoes will get rid of gross odors.
9. Use Vaseline to get scuff marks off of patent leather.
10. Put deodorant on your feet to prevent blisters.
11. Clean fleece-lined shoes with dish soap.
12. Learn how to lace up your sneakers according to what kind of foot issues you deal with.
13. Spray feet with hairspray to keep them from sliding out of heels.
14. Make heels more comfortable by taping two of your toes together.
15. Spray feet with dry shampoo to get them from getting too sweaty.
16. Get scuff marks off suede with a toothbrush or eraser:
17. Banish smelly feet with these three tips:
18. Don’t throw out Toms with holes in them – patch them up like so:
19. Use vinegar and a toothbrush to get water stains off of leather shoes.
20. Use a nail file to get marks off of suede.
21. Get rid of the most stubborn scuff marks with these tips:
22. Use pantyliners in shoes to keep feet from slipping out.
23. Rub soles with sandpaper so that you don’t slip and fall.
24. Keep your feet safe and comfy in heels with these tips:
25. Lastly, learn what to wear each pair of shoes with.
Which of these shoe hacks is your favorite? Which one do you think doesn’t work? What did I forget? Tell me in the comments.