Amy Schumer, my new spirit animal, is one of the most amazing women ever. She totally gets the struggles of being a woman in today’s society and has no problem speaking her mind. On her show, Inside Amy Schumer, she did a One Direction parody called “Girl, You Don’t Need Makeup.” It mocks boy bands telling girls they’re beautiful without it when really they mean girls look beautiful with the “no makeup makeup” look.
This hilarious video sparked the amazing #girlyoudontneedmakeup hashtag on Twitter where women were sharing their makeup-free selfies. Of course, if you wear makeup, that’s awesome. But if you don’t, it’s not a big deal! I personally LOVE makeup. Y’all know that. Lately, I haven’t been wearing makeup as much, and I’m loving it. Here are some awesome things about going makeup-free:
1. You save tons of money by not buying products.
I love makeup products, but not buying new ones is really increasing my savings.
2. You let your skin breathe.
3. Your skin might even improve a little.
Provided you’re not skimping on your skincare.
4. You’ll become less self-conscious about your blemishes and pores.
When you realize that no one cares you’re not wearing makeup, you stop caring that you’re not wearing makeup.
5. You don’t have to worry about getting makeup stains on your clothes.
No more t-shirt collars ruined!
6. You get to sleep a little longer.
Hit that snooze button, girl.
7. It doesn’t take a billion hours to wash your face.
And no more scrubbing your eyes to death to get all that mascara off.
8. When you sweat, there’s no goopy mess.
Just a regular sweaty mess!
9. You can freely itchy your eyes without smudging anything.
No more messing up your winged liner.
10. You don’t have to worry about falling asleep with makeup on.
Which is so, so bad for you.
11. No more sticking yourself in the eyeballs with mascara or eyeliner:
Or getting mascara stuck on your contacts.
12. You can freely cry without fear of this happening:
Let your tears flow!
13. You no longer get lipstick on your teeth.
14. Your skin will always match the rest of your body because you’re not wearing the wrong foundation.
One of the worst makeup fails, tbh.
15. You’ll have more fun when you actually do your makeup.
Because it won’t feel like as much of a chore!
What do you like about not wearing makeup? What do you like about wearing makeup? Tell us in the comments below!
You can reach this post’s author, Caitlin Corsetti, on Twitter and Instagram!