Recently, I noticed that a lot of my female friends and other women I knew stopped shaving their armpits. I was taken aback at first, not so much in the “OMG gross” way but in the “Wow, you’ve got a whole lot of armpit hair” way. Dudes with armpit hair don’t get my attention, but women? I found myself oogling the fuzz a little bit, not gonna lie. I quickly got over it, though, and acknowledged that my shock was such a product of BS gender norms in our society. It’s really not a big deal!
But lots of people don’t react the way I did. Nah, a lot more decide to show disgust, confusion, and rage at women with armpit hair. From Miley Cyrus to my ceramics teacher in middle school, people really can’t handle women who have hairy pits. Honestly, whether someone is dying their armpit hair pastel pink or shaving it a few times a week, we need to get over our temptation to police women’s body hair! It ain’t that serious, y’all. Unfortunately, these folks didn’t get the memo. Check out these 10 stupid Yahoo Answers questions about girls with underarm hair and get ready to roll your eyes.
1. Won first place in the Petty Olympics.
2. Um, it “doesn’t look right” to you, not in general.
3. OMG THREE HAIRS.
4. Hmm, how come people only start playing the “hair isn’t hygienic” card when it comes to women’s armpits but not men’s?
5. Did this dude break out the measuring tape or something? Boo hoo.
6. Yeah, uh, she can shave her pits if she wants, bro.
7. THIS CANNOT BE REAL.
8. Again, nobody yells at dudes for being unhygienic when they have armpit hair. Girl, please.
9. We ain’t lookin’ for you anyway, Johnny.
10. How would you feel if she said that she can’t be with you unless you shaved your pits? Relax.
What do you think about girls who don’t shave their pits? Are you one of them? Tell us in the comments!