According to the runways, military greens are back on trend for spring and summer 2015 – but honestly, I feel like they never really go out of style. A military jacket, army jacket, utility jacket, whatever you want to call it – it always looks stylish to me. This kind of light jacket is also perfect for spring because it keeps you from getting cold but won’t make you too warm, which is exactly what you need for confusing spring weather.
The other cool thing about military jackets is that you can think of them more as a layering option rather than just a jacket. The right jacket for you will look so cute that you won’t even want to take it off when you get inside. How should you wear it? Here are 20 style tips on how to wear military (utility) jackets.
1. Keep it casual with a white tee, cuffed jeans, and sneakers.
2. This muted green looks great with a bright, colorful accessories, like a floral scarf.
3. Utilitarian jackets like this look great when paired with super feminine pieces, like a lace shirt. Add a mini skirt and ankle boots to make this a great go-to spring outfit.
4. A military jacket and boyfriend jeans are a casual combo that you can dress up with heels and a statement necklace.
5. A military jacket and stripes go together perfectly. Wear yours over a striped dress and add a cute Panama hat.
6. The green color of army jackets look awesome with white jeans.
7. Keep warm on chillier days by wearing your military jacket over a maxi skirt and tank.
8. Instead of a jacket, opt for a vest, which is perfect for warmer days.
9. Make a little black dress more interesting with a military jacket and a statement necklace. The leather sleeves on this look great.
10. Your military jacket contrasts nicely with a feminine floral dress – wear a belt over it to make it look like a layer than a jacket.
11. A military jacket keeps a chambray shirt and skater skirt from looking too preppy.
12. Wear your military jacket over a simple black maxi with a long necklace.
13. You can also belt your jacket over a shirt with jeans. This is a super cool and unexpected look.
14. Layer your military jacket over a plaid shirt and roll up the sleeves like so.
15. A military jacket keeps something fancy, like this sequin skirt, looking casual.
16. Layer your jacket over a chambray shirt and white tee to stay comfy all day.
17. I love the combo of leopard and military green. If you’re going to do this, keep it simple, with leopard shoes like this girl.
18. An army jacket over a striped shirt with jeans is a classic look you can’t go wrong wearing.
19. An ultra feminine piece, like this eyelet skirt, gets dressed down with a simple tee and a military jacket.
20. Stay comfy and keep it simple with a white tee, leggings, and ankle boots.
How do you wear your military jacket? Which of these outfits is your favorite? What did I forget? Tell me in the comments.