Prom is a big night that should be thoroughly enjoyed – it’s probably your last school dance ever, and if you’re a senior, it’s also one of the last times you’ll be hanging out with every person in your graduating class. Even if you’re not anticipating prom to be the biggest night of your life, I think you’ll still have a great time – I know I wasn’t that excited for my prom, and it ended up being awesome.
That being said, your focus for the night should be on having fun, not just on how you look. So, let’s all agree to stop stressing about our hair, makeup, and dress so much. Easier said than done, right? Well, these beauty and style tips and tricks will help you get to a place of zen before the big night, and they’ll make everything so much easier. Seriously. Here are 30 beauty tricks you MUST know for prom:
1. Don’t freak if you get a stain on your dress! Use Dawn soap to get it out – it will remove oil and grease, and is gentle enough to use on delicate clothing.
2. About to get a broken nail right before your manicure? Fix it for the night:
3. Make sure your bobby pins actually hold your hair up all night long by creating sticky bobby pins:
4. If there’s one night that’s perfect for contouring, it’s prom night. Take advantage of it with this easy guide:
5. If you’re wearing stockings, prevent runs with hairspray.
6. Messed up your manicure? Use this trick in the tutorial linked below to fix it.
7. Instead of paying to get your makeup done, do it yourself. Here’s how to get easy winged liner:
8. Worried about slipping all over the place in your new shoes? Sandpaper offers a quick fix:
9. Yes, this is for a wedding, but these tips work for prom night too! Follow them to ensure clear skin on the big night.
10. But if a pimple DOES pop up (hehe), use this method to cover it up completely:
11. If you don’t have green concealer, this trick works too.
12. And if you absolutely HAVE to pop it, do it this way:
13. Wearing a new pair of shoes? Take a hair dryer to them before you put them on.
14. No need to stress over dark circles! Here’s how to hide them for the night.
15. Give yourself a healthy glow. Here’s how to use self-tanner like a pro:
16. Use this eyelash curler trick for the longest lashes ever:
17. Ensure your lips are ready for lipstick by making this exfoliator to use first.
18. Transform your pencil liner for the night for something more dramatic.
19. Use baby powder between coats of mascara to get thicker eyelashes.
20. Blisters are the worst, but you can prevent them with this tip:
21. Keep these tips in mind so your photos look A-list worthy.
22. Keep these essentials in your clutch to fix any beauty emergency:
23. Doing your own hair? Here’s how to get any type of curl:
24. If you’re going to use falsies, here is everything you need to know:
25. Make your strapless bra more comfortable with this trick.
26. Make sure that even your hair smells amazing.
27. Use powder in the middle of your lips to give them a plumper look.
28. Use these tips to make your eyes look wide and bright.
29. If you’re going with a dude, learn how to pin a boutonniere to impress him.
30. Finally, here’s how to make your lipstick last all night long so you don’t have to keep reapplying.
Are you going to prom? Which of these beauty tricks is your favorite? What did I forget? Tell me in the comments.