When it comes to prom hairstyles, everyone usually thinks the same thing: updos, updos, updos. But, uh, how are you supposed to do a fancy updo when you have short hair? It’s almost impossible. And it’s REALLY impossible to do an updo when you have a pixie cut, unless you plan on spending money on some hair extensions.
Here’s the good news: just because you have short hair that isn’t long enough to be woven into a complicated bun doesn’t mean you can’t get gorgeous, prom-worthy hair. There are lots of options for girls with bobs or pixie cuts that don’t involve just clipping a piece back with a sparkly clip and calling it a day. Get creative for this fancy event and do something different!
These tutorials are easy enough to be done on your own, but if you’re really a klutz when it comes to styling hair, take the pictures to a salon and let a professional take over. Here are 14 gorgeous prom hairstyles for short hair:
1. Go for curls and a retro victory roll for a vintage-inspired look. Add a pretty pin or flower if you want.
2. Curl and tease hair, then use two pins to do a simple yet classy bouffant.
3. Want to keep your look more on the casual side? Opt for messy curls for a more boho vibe.
4. Keep things simple and pretty by braiding a front piece and tucking it behind your ear.
5. Another super easy option is to curl your hair, tease the crown, and clip back the front piece.
6. Give your pixie cut a rocker vibe with these sexy spikes. Add some cool eye makeup, and you’ll instantly look super glam.
7. Make a cool chignon type of style by twisting your hair like so:
8. Wrap your hair around a pretty headband for a super simple look that will keep your hair in place all night. If you want, you can little flowers to this.
9. Do the coolest combover ever to make your pixie cut look fresh and amazing.
10. Two twists make a quick and pretty updo:
11. Some simple twists make for a gorgeous updo.
12. Curl hair, then twist loose pieces into little curlicues. The result is gorgeous!
13. Add length to your short hair with this tutorial for a very cool, edgy vibe:
14. Tease your hair to give it volume, then add a beautiful sparkly headband like this one. It’s simple and so pretty.
Which of these hairstyles is your favorite? What did I forget to include? Are you going to prom? Tell me in the comments.