Body shaming is terrible, no matter what size the victim is. But please, lets be real: While girls are certainly made fun of for being skinny, it’s nothing compared to the disgusting vitriol that is spewed towards plus size girls. Period. For every “go eat a sandwich,” there’s a billion people pretending that they know the health status of overweight people. And if they’re not doing that, they’re dictating what clothes they should or shouldn’t wear. Trust me, the people doing this will claim that they’re just trying to help, that they want to make sure that people are healthy, when the truth is that they just hate the fact that fat people dare to exist–some even exist without wanting to be a size two. Wow, shocker.
Its awesome that there is a growing fat acceptance movement and that companies are making an effort to make clothes that fit a wider range of bodies, but there are still idiots out there who see nothing wrong with shaming larger women. So you know what? We’re going to shame them. Here are 10 stupid Yahoo Answers questions about plus size girls that will make you remember who the number one victim of body shaming really is.
1. Because it’s a free country and it looks awesome, hater.
2. Looks shouldn’t matter, period.
3. This…is so random and untrue.
4. Wow, everything you said is totally justified because you’re a “chubby chaser.” Get out of here.
5. Because they should have plus size options. Period. Cool humble brag, though.
6. The Fat Acceptance isn’t even against skinny people so…
7. Everyone has the right to wear a bikini.
8. HOW IS THIS A REAL QUESTION?
9. BLAH BLAH BLAH.
10. Just you. Stop pretending you care about people’s health.
Have you ever dealt with any stupid questions like these? How should someone who does respond to this kind of ignorance? Tell us in the comments!