Fact: We live in a super sexist world. Yeah, sure, many women can vote, run for office or become CEO of a company, but for the most part? A few exceptions to the rule doesn’t mean that sexism isn’t super prevalent. There’s a reason why girls are seen as sexually explicit just for wearing leggings. There’s a reason why wage inequality is a serious issue for women, especially women of color. There’s a reason why many female rape victims are thought to be liars who stretch the truth. There’s a reason why in some parts of the world, girls are attacked and even killed for trying to get an education. None of these things are just a coincidence, it’s the result of living in a patriarchal world…and it kind of really blows.
Even though there are plenty of dudes out there who don’t treat women like garbage, there are a lot of them who still have super old fashioned and sexist ideas about women. If you feel like going into a girl power rage, check out these 15 offensive Yahoo Answers questions about women. Sexism is alive and well, girls!
1. Why are dudes obsessed with violence against women being a standard of equality?
2. Nah, bro.
4. Answer: No.
5. Get a life?
6. Oh! Sexism with a heaping side of racism. My favorite.
7. Because contraception never fails, right?
8. Men’s studies? You mean almost every course ever?
9. What planet does this dude live on?
10. Transphobia and more obsession over violent against women. What a winner!
11. No comment.
12. Our only purpose is to serve men and make sure they’re satisfied because LOL who cares about our lives, right?
13. F’real, though?
14. Because we’re human beings with opinions and thoughts, too? As if men are always rational. Pfft! Yeah, right!
15. Because every month is white dude history month. Bye!
Which of these questions have you actually heard IRL? What other sexist questions have you heard people ask in the past? Tell us in the comments!