Sprucing up clothes you’ve had forever doesn’t always require money or some serious DIY abilities. Sometimes changing up your look can be as simple as learning a new way to tuck in a shirt or cuff up your jeans. Rolling up your shirt sleeves a different way can change the entire dynamic of your outfit, and the same can be said for cuffing up your jeans.
In fact, this is a big stylist secret: tucking, rolling, cuffing, and tying items of clothing to make them look more interesting and fresh. Except, before Pinterest came around, you probably never really thought about it. But you should! Here’s an example of why: I’m petite, and I have a large breast size that can sometimes make my clothes overwhelm my figure. Once I started front tucking my shirts, it kind of changed my whole wardrobe. Seriously. I know that sounds dramatic, but it’s true.
So, here are 20 style tips on how to tuck, roll, and cuff your shirt, sleeves, and jeans to your heart’s content. Enjoy these outfit ideas and get inspired!
1. Learn the J. Crew way to roll up sleeves for a polished, comfortable look:
2. Learn how to roll up your sleeves when you’re wearing layers so that it’s more comfortable than bunchy:
3. Or you can keep it simple like this:
4. Try the J. Crew cuff/scrunch look that is both casual and effortless.
5. Do a simple, classic roll like this one in a few seconds:
6. And here’s another way to roll up your sleeves if you’re wearing layers:
7. Now, for tucking in your shirt: the front tuck gives off an easy, effortless vibe that always looks cool and chic.
8. You can also try rolling then tucking in the side for a shirt and skirt.
9. Pair a long shirt with a skirt by rolling it and tying it into a little ball. Use a pin or band to keep this in place.
10. If you have a short torso, tucking in all the way can make you look shorter. Follow these tips:
11. Here’s how to ruck and roll an over-sized boyfriend tee to make it look more cute and less baggy.
12. Tie a button down like so over a dress or skirt for a very chic feel.
13. To keep things from looking baggy, tie your shirt, tuck it in, then cover it with a belt.
14. The half-tuck works great for baggy sweaters:
15. And finally, here’s how to cuff your jeans. These three basic ideas go well with any kind of shoe:
16. Do a half cuff like this with boyfriend jeans for an insanely cool look.
17. Make non-skinny jeans work with boots by using this trick:
18. Here’s a guide on how to wear your jeans according to what shoes you’re wearing:
19. Remember you can go smaller or larger depending on the look you want:
20. And always keep this nearby for the best cuff ever:
Which of these tips did you find the most helpful? Which is your favorite? Tell me in the comments.