In the last few months, I’ve heard a lot of annoying things about yoga pants, namely the complaint that yoga pants are “distracting” and women shouldn’t be allowed to wear them everywhere. Unless your yoga pants are sheer and everyone can see straight through them, I will always stand by this: yoga pants are the best. Period, end of story. I don’t care if you think they’re “distracting” to boys who don’t know how to control themselves, I don’t care if you think a pair of tight sweatpants are too sexy (honestly, you sound kind of boring right now), and I don’t care if you think only a certain type of girl should wear them.
So obviously, I’m annoyed that a lawmaker in Montana is pushing to make yoga pants illegal. No, really, this is a thing that’s happening. Rep. David Moore introduced a bill that will not allow people to wear clothes that “even hint at nudity.” And apparently, because yoga pants are tight, they hint at nudity. Moore told reporters, “Yoga pants should be illegal in public anyway.”
LOL WUT. I hate everyone right now. Yoga pants are comfortable and amazing and should never be illegal. If you can’t deal with a pair of clothing that is too tight on a girl’s butt, don’t look. I’m so sick of hearing the constant argument against yoga pants and leggings. Stop telling me what to wear and focus on yourself. Here are 15 reasons yoga pants are the most important piece of clothing you own:
1. They’re ridiculously comfortable.
Let’s just start with that. It’s the biggest reason yoga pants are the best.
2. They’re pretty inexpensive.
3. Let’s face it: they make your butt look amazing.
And we could all use that boost sometimes.
4. You can wear them to the gym or to sleep or when going to your friend’s house – they’re versatile.
You can’t wear jeans to the gym.
5. They’re a little bit better than baggy sweatpants and don’t make you feel as grungy.
Sometimes you want to wear sweatpants but you don’t want to look like a total bum. Enter yoga pants!
6. At this point, wearing them is a reminder that you can wear what you want without someone else’s approval.
So many people are against them that now wearing them in public is almost like making a statement.
7. There are so many cute options.
You can get flared yoga pants, skinny ones, cropped yoga pants… not to mention all of the cute designs offered.
8. When you wear them, you don’t have to deal with buttons or zippers.
There’s nothing digging into your skin.
9. There is no restricting waistband.
10. The elastic makes them so easy to move around in.
Even the stretchiest of jeans just don’t allow for certain lounge positions.
11. They’re perfect period pants because they are not affected by bloating or anything like that.
12. Tuck them into boots and add a cute shirt, and you’ve got a great outfit.
Did I mention it will be a comfortable outfit?
13. They’re super easy to store in your room.
Unlike jeans, which take up so much space.
14. They’re perfect for sleepovers because you can wear them there, and just leave them on while you’re sleeping.
No changing required!
15. They were basically made for shopping.
Slip ’em on, slip ’em off! Perfect for trying on new clothes.
What do you think about yoga pants? Do you agree that they’re too distracting or do you love them? Tell us in the comments.