Jeans are a staple in almost everyone’s wardrobe for a reason: they’re easy to wear, they can be dressed up or down, and they come in so many different shapes, sizes, and colors. But while they are many, many great things about a good pair of jeans, there are also many annoying things about them.
Like the fact that you’re not supposed to wash real denim because it will fade or age your jeans. Or the fact that even your favorite jeans tend to get a hole in them every once in a while. Or maybe you’re really short, and you know that the struggle to find jeans that aren’t miles long is so real. Whatever your problem is, though, we have an answer. These 16 denim jean hacks and tricks are things that every single girl needs to know:
1. Make sure a broken zipper always stays in place by using a key ring.
2. Ensure that your jeans don’t get bunched up under your boots with this folding trick:
3. Learn how to hem your jeans so that it looks like they’ve never been touched.
4. Repair holes in your jeans instead of throwing them away:
5. If your jeans are too big around the waist, learn how to fix them so that they become fitted:
6. Make your jeans last longer with these cleaning tips that replace the washing machine:
7. Distress your own denim and make an old pair of jeans look new again.
8. If your jeans have giant holes in them, don’t get rid of them… wear lace tights underneath for a fun look.
9. Distress your jeans, then use a colored marker to make them unique.
10. Add lace to the bottom of jeans that are a little too short (or just to spice things up)
11. Start hanging your jeans in the closet rather than letting them take up valuable space in your drawers.
12. Figure out how to wear jeans with different shoes.
13. If you must wash your jeans, add white vinegar to ensure they don’t fade.
14. You can also try washing with salt.
15. Learn how to destroy jeans with a stone and Xacto knife.
16. Use your jeans to remove deodorant stains.
Which of these denim hacks and tricks is your favorite? Have you tried any before? What did I forget? Tell me in the comments.