For me, dressing for cold winter days is all about figuring out how to stay warm AND look cute at the same time. When all you want to do is wrap yourself in sweatshirts and blankets, it can be hard to figure out an outfit that is still stylish and flattering. That’s exactly where layering comes in.
Layering is all about pairing different kinds of clothes together to create one cozy, bundled up, thrown-together look that seems effortless yet very fashionable. In theory, it’s pretty simple: add a cardigan over a tank top, or pair a dress with a blazer. But if you want to take things to the next level, you should check out the below tips and tricks. Here are 20 style tips on how to layer your clothes, with outfit ideas included.
1. Don’t play it safe! Here are some easy tips on how to mix patterns when layering.
2. Use casual layers to make a fancy skirt work for the daytime.
3. Layer a chunky sweater over a more form-fitting long-sleeved top for a cool, layered look.
4. If you don’t want your look to be too bulky, simply belt your cardigan.
5. Your button-up is a perfect layering tool. Here are a few ways you can use it:
6. Want to keep things smooth when layering over said button-up? Try adding a tank top:
7. Make a white sweater instantly more interesting by layering it over a plaid shirt, and letting the bottom of the sleeves and the collar peek out.
8. Make a cropped sweater warmer by wearing it over a button-up.
9. Your white lace dress can work for the winter when you add an open chambray shirt, a cozy cardigan, and tights.
10. Don’t just layer your tops. You can wear high socks over tights, and ankle socks over your high socks.
11. Here is an easy tip on how to roll up your cardigan and button up comfortably:
12. Keep these tips in mind when layering blazers and shirts.
13. Here’s how to roll up layered sleeves without going crazy:
14. Pair a loose sweater over another loose top, and add skinny jeans.
15. Button or zip up your blazer for a slightly different look.
16. Wear your fur vest over a long cardigan, and wear that over a t-shirt or tank top.
17. Wear cozy high socks under high boots and over leggings for a warm outfit.
18. Make a summer dress work in winter by wearing a long-sleeved top underneath and adding tights.
19. Here are 3 easy layered outfit ideas:
20. Wear a long sweater over a flirty dress, and try tying the sweater like so for a very cool, boho vibe.
Which of these outfits is your favorite? How do you layer your clothes? What kind of style tips do you want to see next? Tell me in the comments.