Everyone knows that the best thing about having your own dorm room or bedroom is being able to decorate it however you want (well, usually). There are so many decoration options out there, but my personal favorite is a good photo collage. It’s the perfect way to show off your life, whether it’s photos of your friends, your family, or just your favorite hobbies. Plus, every time you look at it, you’ll smile.
Photo collages in your dorm room are especially important because they’re full of memories, and you probably miss your friends back home – plus, you want to show all your new college friends what an awesome life you have. But don’t just tape a bunch of your favorite pictures over your bed – try something a little more creative. Here are 15 awesome DIY photo collage ideas for your dorm or bedroom:
1. Get all cute and adorable, and arrange your photos into a heart shape.
2. Use your photos as a border around your door or closet.
3. Cut a piece of cardboard into your initials, then decorate it in photos. It’s a great personalized decoration.
4. Who said mobiles are just for babies? This one using prints of your Instagram photos (or any kind of photo) is awesome.
5. Arrange your photos around a bulletin board like a giant, visually pleasing frame.
6. Make some canvas wall art so that your photos aren’t on your actual wall, and you can move them around if you want.
7. Hang your photos in a fun, colorful frame like this.
8. Decorate your room with fairy lights, and hang photos in between the lights.
9. Make a banner with your photos for a cool collage you can hang anywhere.
10. Use your photos as a border around your room, and add fiary lights above them.
11. Use twine and clips to hang your photos.
12. Add a quote to your wall of photos for the coolest room that is totally Tumblr-worthy.
13. Include posters and pictures of celebrities in your collage.
14. Make a mood board like this that includes more than just your photos.
15. If you’re a fan of Friends, this cute idea is perfect for your room.
Which of these ideas is your favorite? How do you display your photos? What did I forget? Tell me in the comments.