It might be freezing outside, but that doesn’t mean you to have to stick to a wardrobe of exclusively jeans, sweaters, and leggings. With some careful layering, you can get away with wearing skater skirts too. In fact, I may like the way skater skirts look in the winter better than in the warm weather.
Skater skirts are perfect for layering because they’re really versatile, meaning you can do a lot with them. Once you’ve got a cozy pair of tights, your possibilities are kind of endless. Having trouble figuring out how to wear your skirt without getting frostbite? Here are 20 style tips on how to wear skater skirts in the winter, with lots of outfit ideas to choose from:
1. The easiest way to wear a skater skirt and stay warm is too add cozy tights, a cardigan, a sweater, and a hat. Wear oxford shoes to give your outfit a preppy vibe.
2. Wear a leather jacket with your skater skirt to toughen up the look.
3. Tuck a button-down shirt into your skirt and add a pair of ankle boots for a sophisticated outfit.
4. Wear a skirt and sweater with hi-top sneakers for a more casual vibe.
5. On less chilly days, forgo tights for thigh-high boots. Add a beanie and thick turtleneck to stay warm.
6. Thigh-high socks are also a great option if you don’t want to wear tights.
7. Wear your skirt with boots and a graphic tee, and add an open plaid shirt for a more grunge look.
8. Your shirt doesn’t have to be fitted to wear it with a skirt. Front tuck a loose, drapey shirt so it doesn’t look too bulky.
9. Go for a velvet skater skirt for a really wintery vibe.
10. Throw on a fur vest and floppy hat for a seriously trendy outfit.
11. Go for lots of layering: high socks, tights, boots, a turtleneck, a plaid shirt, and a jacket.
12. Wear your skirt with a graphic tee and combat boots for a casual and comfy outfit.
13. Wear a fitted blazer over a sweater. It’s a preppy, polished outfit that will definitely keep you warm.
14. Toughen up a feminine skater skirt with a studded sweater, embellished combat boots, and these cool stockings.
15. A cropped sweater goes perfectly with a high skater skirt. Add ankle boots for some height.
16. Wear thigh-high boots over your tights to stay extra warm.
17. Your sweater doesn’t have to be tucked in – leaving a bulky sweater hanging over a skater skirt gives you kind of a cool, boho vibe.
18. Add a trendy Panama hat and chunky knit cardigan to stay cozy.
19. Patterned tights like these make for a whimsical outfit.
20. Layer a sweater over a plaid shirt and let the collars and sleeves peak out for a schoolgirl-inspired outfit.
Which of these outfits is your favorite? Which one are you going to try? What kind of style tips do you want to see? Tell me in the comments.