While just as annoying as a pimple, a blackhead is certainly very different – so naturally, getting rid of them requires different treatment. A blackhead is an opening in the skin filled with skin debris, bacteria, and sebum (oil). This clogged pore is caused by a small blockage in the opening. They can be the first stage of acne, and can eventually turn into a pimple. The sebum in your pores is what gives a blackhead it’s dark color.
If you look closely at your face, you’ll probably see blackheads, especially on your nose and around that area. Blackheads are annoying, and getting rid of them is one of the keys to getting healthy, flawless looking skin. There are masks and products you can buy for blackhead removal 0 like Biore pore strips – but there are also DIY things you can do as well. Here are 15 tips and tricks on how to get rid of blackheads:
1. Before you do anything, it’s important to know exactly what blackheads are.
2. Buy a little tool (blackhead extractor) to try to get them out. Revlon makes a cheap one.
3. Although blackheads aren’t a sign that your skin is dirty, it’s still important to keep your face cleansed so that you don’t clog your pores.
4. You’ll notice that these 5 natural ways are found in almost all of the below remedies:
5. Steam your face with a hot towel or water to open up your pores before you try a treatment.
6. Instead of buying Biore, make your own pore strips at home.
7. You can try using Vaseline and saran wrap to get rid of your blackheads.
8. Some people swear by salt and toothpaste.
9. Other people swear by lemon and honey. Honey is great for your skin, but lemon is acidic, so don’t overdo it.
10. Make your own activated charcoal mask. Activated charcoal is great for getting rid of blackheads.
11. Keep it super simple and just put egg whites on your face.
12. A lot of people swear by lemon and baking soda. Baking soda can be rough on sensitive skin, so be careful with this option.
13. Cinnamon is also a great natural remedy. Make it into a mask:
14. Put a cotton ball into egg whites, then spread it on your blackheads almost like a makeshift pore strip.
15. Lastly, be wary of certain tips you read online. Glue MIGHT remove blackheads, but it really doesn’t seem like it’s a great thing to put on your skin.