I have a lot of stuff and I’m kind of a hoarder (whatever), but lately, I’m all about consolidating and trying to save space. Since I don’t have unlimited money, I’ve been looking into a lot of different DIY projects to keep my bedroom more organized. Once I looked into that, I thought, who could use tips like these more than college students stuck in cramped dorm rooms?
A small dorm room is basically a quintessential part of a college experience, but that doesn’t mean you can’t try to make it better. Even if you don’t have a lot of money to spend, these easy DIY projects will save space, keep your dorm organized, and keep you from losing your mind. Oh, they’ll also make your room look really pretty and personalized. Check out these 18 DIY projects you need to try right now (college student or not):
1. Make this hanging organizer for your bathroom out of buckets, and some rope. It saves cabinet space and puts everything in easy reach.
2. Create a small desk organizer using a picture frame. It will look pretty, and keep important things close.
3. Create a file rack that can hold papers from your classes so you know where everything is.
4. Make this cool calendar so you can always write what’s going on each day of the week.
5. Glue binder clips to the edge of your desk to keep your cords neatly in place.
6. Make a storage crate look nicer, and allow it to also double as a foot rest. This will now work as storage and a decoration!
7. Buy cheap plastic storage drawers like this, and instantly make them prettier and more you.
8. A corkboard is great to have so that you can keep track of your most important items. Make your own with fabric of your choice:
9. Use cardboard boxes and fabric to make your own drawer organizer in whatever shapes you need.
10. If you’re on the top bunk, you probably have no storage next to you. Make this floating “nightstand.”
11. Keep your makeup brushes in one place and decorate your desk with this DIY jar.
12. Use a magnetic strip to keep your bobby pins safe.
13. Make a first aid kit like this one so all of your emergency items are in one spot.
14. Hang all your scarves in one place with this tip.
15. Get a cheap storage box and make it prettier with this tutorial.
16. Hang fabric-covered clipboards over your desk to keep important things in front of you.
17. Glue mason jars together to make a pretty desk organizer that lets you see everything.
18. Use part of a travel toothbrush holder and some glue to keep your toothbrush safe.
Which of these DIY projects is your favorite? Which one are you going to try? What did I forget to include? Tell me in the comments.