One of the toughest things about being in school is getting all of your homework done on time. After a long day of classes and any after-school activities you might have, you just want to go home and relax or hang out with your friends… you don’t want to go back to doing schoolwork! It’s easy to procrastinate, put it off, and eventually just forgo doing it altogether.
It’s even easier to do this when you aren’t organized. If you don’t know when your homework is due, or what homework is due when, or where your books or pens are, it’s going to make getting things done that much harder. On the other hand, if you keep things neat and tidy, it will be much more simple to finish your homework efficiently. Maybe then you’ll have time to relax… while getting good grades. Here are 15 homework organization tips to make your life easier:
1. Create a homework station. Having one set space to do your homework will make it easier to do it. Use this checklist when setting it up.
2. Use these tips for ideas on what to include in a homework station at your desk.
3. Make this DIY caddy to hold all of your stuff in one place.
4. If you don’t have a spare desk to use, just create a homework station on a magnetic board on the wall.
5. You can create a mini homework station on a pretty tray. It’s easy because it can be portable too.
6. Make a homework station turntable that’s easy to navigate.
7. Get a little plastic file cabinet and give each class it’s own drawer. Put all of your stuff for each class in it’s specific drawer. It will make it so much easier to find everything.
8. Create a goal list for when you want to get your homework and studying done. Use post-it notes so you can change it up every week.
9. If you’re easily distracted, create a homework station on a trifold board.
10.Make a dry erase board for each class to write down all of your assignments.
11. Dedicate an entire dresser to your school books, supplies, and notebooks so that nothing gets lost.
12. Make a binder notebook super organized and carry it everywhere.
13. Put up a corkboard in your room so you can stick up important things you need to remember.
14. Buy and print out these calendars to stay organized all year long.
15. Or learn how to properly use a planner or agenda.
Which of these tips did you find the most helpful? How do you keep your homework organized? What did I forget to include? Tell me in the comments.