Over the holiday break, I became really inspired to fix up my bedroom. I’m lucky enough to have a pretty big bedroom, but I have so much stuff that it easily gets cluttered, messy, and completely disorganized. I was so sick of looking at clothes on the floor because they couldn’t fit in my drawers, makeup spilling all over my vanity, and just tons of little things literally piled up on all of my dressers. I had to do something.
So, I searched Pinterest for answers. I found so many helpful organizing tips, then headed to Target and Home Goods, where I didn’t even have to spend that much money to get enough stuff for my bedroom. After two days of cleaning and organizing, I finally made a dent in the damage. My room isn’t perfect, but it is definitely more put-together, and it feels AMAZING.
The below bedroom organization tips will help you no matter what issues you’re having. If you want to make your small space seem bigger, these ideas will definitely do it. Or, if you just want to know where all your stuff is, check this out. Here are 20 bedroom organization tips to make the most of a small space:
1. These general tips are super helpful – remember that adding lots of light, and using airy curtains can make even the smallest space appear bigger.
2. These basic tips are also really helpful.
3. Follow these tips as well – the most important one? Utilize mirrors!
4. If your clothes are taking over your room, try rolling them up instead of folding. It takes up less space.
5. Instead of taking up space on a shelf or something, set up a charging station instead of a drawer next to your bed. It keeps things out of the way and organized.
6. Don’t let a ton of perfume bottles clutter up a big space. Instead, buy a cake or cupcake stand that takes up less room while still holding all your stuff. You can put anything on this, not just perfume!
7. Don’t have a lot of space to store stuff? These bedside organizers are worth purchasing. They’ll hold a bunch of stuff without taking up valuable space.
8. Keep your drawers more organized with this separator.
9. Don’t ignore your bedroom door or closet door. Use that space to hold as much stuff as you can. You can put hooks for hoodies or bags, magnetic strips… whatever you want.
10. If you don’t have room for a beside table, get this little ledge. It’s inexpensive and holds the essentials.
11. Make the most of your drawer space instead of letting everything inside get totally cluttered. Put pretty bowls in there and start organizing your stuff.
12. Need more lighting by your bed but have no idea where to put it? Install lights into the bottom of a shelf above your bed.
13. Instead of letting important things get lost in your room, make this little board to hold things you need to remember.
14. Make a magazine holder into two little shelves!
15. If you have a small room, you should definitely try storing as much as you can under the bed. Make it more organized by getting a shelf unit like this one.
16. Hang your bags on the wall or the back of a door instead of letting them take up space elsewhere.
17. This handy little pouch for your phone when it’s charging is the cutest.
18. Corner shelves save on space while still giving you room to store stuff.
19. Keep all of your cords organized and in one spot with this helpful and easy DIY project.
20. Display pretty shopping bags without taking up room and save on space by using them as storage!
Which of these tips are you going to try? Have you tried any already? How do you organize your bedroom? Tell me in the comments.