There were a lot of super popular beauty trends this past year, but one of the biggest (or arguably THE biggest) was trying to achieve Kylie Jenner’s lip look. In 2014, we watched the youngest member of the Kardashian klan go from ordinary teen girl to super glam young woman. No matter what she wore or who she hung out with, the one thing we couldn’t take our eyes off of was her mouth.
Kylie’s lips went from thin and pretty normal looking to large and full seemingly overnight. The lip injection rumors started months ago and they don’t look like they’re going anywhere. People cannot stop obsessing over whether Kylie’s lips are fake or just overdrawn, and it’s actually driving me a little bit crazy. Let the girl do what she wants with her lips! Geeze.
From the many pictures of Kylie we’ve all seen and dissected, it seems like she’s just really, really good at over-drawing her lips. What am I talking about? Over-drawing your lips is a pretty simple makeup technique that can make your lips go from thin to “did-she-get-lip-injections” plump in minutes. So, basically, if you want to rock Kylie’s look, you totally can! Here are 18 hacks, tips and tricks on how to make your lips look bigger and fuller.
1. If you want to over-draw your lips, figure out the best shape for you.
2. Check out more tips to see what the end result will look like.
3. You don’t have to over-draw to get the appearance of larger lips. Try this tip:
4. You can also try dabbing a little lip gloss over your lipstick to make your lips look more plump.
5. Use a pencil to draw lines on and around your lips to define them, then fill in with color.
6. Simply using highlighter to accent your cupid’s bow can make your lips look more full.
7. The way you put the color on your lips can change how full or thin they look.
8. Put white highlighter in the center of your lips, then blend out with color to make them instantly look more full.
9. A simple way to over-draw is to just slightly exaggerate your lip line, like so:
10. To make a subtle difference, make an X with your lip liner before applying gloss or lipstick.
11. To over-draw, start by putting concealer around your lips first.
12. Don’t forget to exfoliate so you get dead skin off. Then highlight your cupid’s bow, and dab gloss in the middle of your lip.
13. Use a non-drying concealer on your lips as well as around them to over-draw properly.
14. This seems uncomfortable, but if you’re really dedicated to the fuller lip look, you can put paper in your mouth.
15. Using a darker lip liner for an ombre look can make your lips look larger.
16. You can do this with lip gloss too! Just use concealer and lip liner.
17. Here is how to line to make your lips look a very specific way:
18. Don’t forget – your liner should be just a shade darker than your natural color, not the color of your lipstick.
Which of these tips are your favorite? Would you ever try over-drawing your lips to make them look larger, like Kylie Jenner? Tell me in the comments.