There are some beauty products that every girl should have and use no matter what. Even if you have no idea what you are doing or you’re not into girly things at all, there are some things a girl just needs. You know, for those times when you want to change up your look, or add a little something to make you feel extra pretty on a day when your confidence could use a huge boost. These products are designed to enhance the beauty that we all have, not change or cover up our unique looks.
By the time a lot of girls reach the age of 16, we start to notice somethings about our bodies and faces. You’re over the hump that is puberty and your hormones and bodies have finally started to calm down. That is the time when you should start to use a couple carefully selected products in your every day routine if you haven’t started already. Here are 10 beauty products that every girl must have by 16.
1. Subtle Nail PolishPainting your nails may seem a little annoying, but if you ever want to look totally polished quickly, paint your nails. The color doesn't have to be super bright or really dark to pull this off either. A nice soft nude or pink color looks great on all skin tones and will make you feel so pretty with just a couple coats. Try: Essie Nail Polish in Sugar Daddy Get it at: Ulta Photo Source: Ulta
2. FoundationFoundation might seem like it's only for girls who wear a ton of makeup, but this is so not true. You'd be amazed at how a little swipe of foundation can even out your skin tone and give you a bright, healthy glow. I love stick foundations because they're easy to apply and there's no mess. You can hide blemishes that popped up over night, or concealer your dark circles if you stayed up late studying. This is a must have for every girl. Try: Maybelline® Fit Me Shine Free Foundation Get it at: Target Photo Source: Target
3. Face WashThis goes without saying, but you should always wash your face in the morning and at night. You should never go to bed without making sure that your face is clean from all the dirt, oil, and makeup that is on your skin from the daytime. If you're not prone to breakouts, go for a gentle foaming cleanser that will clean everything and make your face super soft. If you're dealing with acne, pick up a wash that has Salicylic acid to break down dead skin cells and clean out your pores. Try: Olay Normal Foaming Face Wash Get it at: Target Photo Source: Target
4. Moisturizer With SPFEveryone should be applying a facial moisturizer with SPF every day. Even if you don't leave the house, or apply makeup at all, you need to be taking care of your skin. Grab a moisturizer that is light and is noncomedogenic so it won't clog your pores. This is a must for everyone! Try: CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30 Get it at: Target Photo Source: Target
5. MascaraHaving a wand full of black goo coming towards your eye can be traumatizing, but trust me, it's really not that bad. A few swipes of mascara can completely change your look and add a glamorous touch. If you're not into the spider look, grab a black/brown shade that will look super nature and wiggle the wand back and forth through your eyelashes. You'll be amazed at how great you look after just one coat. Try: Maybelline Full & Soft Thick & Healthy Washable Mascara Get it at: Ulta Photo Source: Ulta
6. Lip BalmLip balm is something that we should all be using on a daily basis. No one looks good with dry, chapped lips, especially in the winter. Grab a balm that has a ton of moisturizing ingredients like Shea Butter and Vitamin E to keep your lips soft. If you're feeling fun or daring grab one with a hint of color to give your lips a kissable look. Try: BURT'S BEES Tinted Lip Balm Get it at: Ulta Photo Source: Ulta
7. Small Eyeshadow PalletThere are so many different colors and eyeshadow palettes out there that it can be super confusing to try to find the right colors for your skin tone. The safest color that looks amazing on everyone is a soft pink with a little bit of sparkle. I love this quad eyeshadow pallet because you can wear each shade by itself, and you can apply it with your fingers, no brushes needed! You're eyes will have an instant pop, which can make you look more awake and pulled together. Try: Sonia Kashuk ® Eye Shadow Quads - Fair and Square 44 Get it at: Target Photo Source: SoniaKashuk
8. BlushBlush may seem a little scary and the risk of looking like a clown is pretty high. But blush is actually a great tool to brighten up your face and give it a nice healthy glow. If you're not experienced in using brushes, cream blush is the best way to go. You can apply it with your fingers and there's no way you can mess it up. Just dab on the apples of your cheeks (smile in a mirror to find the perfect spot) and you'll give your face a instant glow that took 10 seconds to apply.Try: Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush - Rose Petal Get it at: Ulta Photo Source: Maybelline
9. Favorite FragranceHaving one favorite fragrance is something that every girl should have by the age of 16. When you smell good you feel good, and who doesn't want to feel good all the time? A really nice fragrance doesn't have to cost a ton either. You can get the small roller-ball bottles that cost less than $30 and they're super easy to stash in your backpack or locker for when you need a pick-me-up. Try: Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau de Toilette Pen Spray Get it at: Ulta Photo Source: Ulta
10. Body LotionPutting lotion on everyday may seem a little annoying, but trust me, your skin will thank you immensely for this. No one likes itchy, dry skin and during the winter months dry skin can be even worse. Slather on a great lotion with a light scent in the morning and before you go to bed and you will have the softest skin ever in a couple of weeks. Try: NIVEA Essentially Enriched Body Lotion Get it at: Walmart Photo Source: Walmart
Have you started to use any of these products? Do you have any suggestions for other products that you think all girls should have? Let me know in the comments below!