For some reason, people look down on the single folk during the holidays. I’m not sure why since it’s not really different than being single any other time of year. In fact, being single during the holidays is actually pretty awesome contrary to popular belief.
Having a partner during this time of year is nice and all, but if you’re currently single, don’t get down on yourself. Instead, relish in all the fantastic things about having a solo holiday:
1. You don’t have to agonize over what to get a significant other.
SO SO STRESSFUL.
2. And that saves you money.
Mo’ money, no mo’ problems.
3. Or you get to buy yourself a present instead.
To you, love you. You deserve it.
4. You get to make a gingerbread house just for yourself.
All that icing? It’s yours. You don’t have to share it.
5. And all of those holiday cookies are for YOU.
Well, and Santa, obviously.
6. You get to kiss whoever you want under the mistletoe.
You can’t do that if you’re in a relationship.
7. You can watch Home Alone a hundred million times without someone complaining about it.
If I want to watch all the holiday movies 100 times, I can do that without some grinch* of a boyfriend being annoyed that we’ve already seen it.
*Shoutout to my ex who hates Christmas.
8. You don’t have to worry about spending time with someone else’s family.
9. Or going to a weird holiday party with people you don’t know.
Shoutout to my other ex who took me to a holiday party and left me alone to fend for myself!
10. You also don’t have to deal with someone coming to your family event.
Your family is insane and you love them, but you don’t want to bring someone into that during the holidays.
11. You can literally be in your PJs all of winter break without judgement.
You break out that onesie, you magnificent creature.
12. You can actually use some holiday pickup lines on some cutie in a Santa hat.
13. You don’t get into fights with someone due to holiday stress.
Being single is the easiest way to not have a fight.
14. You can do things like ice skating and fun winter activities all you want.
Oh your BF doesn’t want to take you ice skating? Well, I’m going anyway, bye!
15. You get to just do you and think about how awesome you are!
While eating snowflake-shaped cookies and buying presents for yourself online.
Are you single this year for the holidays? What’s your favorite thing about it? Tell us in the comments below!
You can reach this post’s author, Caitlin Corsetti, on Twitter and Instagram!