We’ve talked about asexuality before on Gurl, but in case you’re clueless here’s the quick and dirty: Someone who identifies as asexual generally doesn’t experience sexual attraction. Some ace folks experience romantic attraction, some even have sex if they have an itch that they want to scratch. But sexual attraction? Not really on their radar.
This is a pretty straight forward concept, right? Yeah, you’d think so, but people are still super confused by it. To be fair there are plenty of legitimate questions to ask regarding asexuality, especially for people who think they might be asexy. But OMG, some people took their utter cluelessness to the next level and let the whole world know about it via Yahoo Answers. So here are 10 Yahoo Answers questions about asexuality that will make you go, “uh…what?”
1. Asking the tough questions.
2. Is this person thinking of sponges?
3. These asexuals just keep sprouting up out of nowhere! They’re like, weeds or something. They’re taking over!
4. I don’t think this works the way you think it works.
Probably a lesbian?
6. Concerned friend or judgmental jerk?
7. Too many porns.
8. Wait, what?
9. First of all, everyone feels lonely. Second of all, find a different way to pick up girls.
10. That’s definitely up for debate.
Which GIF speaks to you more? This?
(I’m for the latter.)
Are you an asexual girl who receives a ton of stupid questions about asexuality? What are some of the most ridiculous ones you’ve heard? Tell us in the comments!