When you think of a fabulous New Years Eve outfit, you automatically think of sequins. That’s because sequins and NYE basically go hand-in-hand. There’s something about the start of a new year, with all of it’s elaborate celebrations, that calls for an outfit that is just as loud and glittery and wonderful as the confetti being thrown in the air.
Sequins are also perfectly acceptable for the rest of the holiday season. In fact, it’s one of the only times of the year that an outfit full of in-your-face sequins doesn’t seem tacky or ridiculous… it seems just right. So why not make the most of it? I say, keep your holiday and NYE outfits as sparkly as possible this year. If you’re unsure of how to do it, here are 20 style tips on how to wear sequins for the holidays.
1. Pair loose sequin pants with a striped top and fun heels for a look that’s festive but not too fancy.
2. A red plaid shirt and a sequin skirt are holiday classics. Combine them for a unique look that mixes casual with glam.
3. DIY sequin elbow patches are a fun and inexpensive update to a sweater you already own.
4. Belt a sweater over your sequin skirt for a pretty look you can wear to any party.
5. An all-over sequin dress doesn’t need much else added to it – plain black tights and shoes will keep you warm.
6. Sequin pants make a big statement, so the rest of your outfit should be simple. A nice cream-colored shirt and heels are just right.
7. Layer a leather jacket or a blazer over a sequin and embellished dress to stay a little more warm.
8. Try a patterned sequin mini skirt with a blazer and a bold lip.
9. Sparkly tights are always a great option and can quickly dress up any plain dress you already own.
10. A sequin blazer is so cool and unique. While everyone else is in sparkly dresses and skirts, rock your blazer and look seriously chic.
11. A sequin maxi skirt is veryyyyy glamorous. Add a plain sweater to tone it down a little.
12. Get a pair of bright sequin pants (red is great for the holidays!) and wear them with a long tunic.
13. Front tuck a cozy sweater into a sequin mini skirt for a seriously cute, effortless outfit.
14. If you want to go casual for the holidays, dress down a sequin sweater with a scarf, boots, and red jeans.
15. Don’t want to go too over-the-top? Opt for a sequin clutch. It’s small, but still makes a statement.
16. Get a sequin skater skirt and pair it with a matching graphic tee.
17. A black sequin skirt looks slightly more understated with black tights, a black shirt, and a black blazer.
18. A gold sequin top is easy to pair with a black blazer and black leggings.
19. A black button-down and a sequin skater skirt make a perfect pair.
20. Don’t want to be super fancy? Wear a sequin top with boyfriend jeans and heels. Casual, effortless cool.
Which of these outfit ideas is your favorite? How do you wear sequins? What kind of style tips do you want to see next? Tell me in the comments.