There are some girls who have no problem going up to the person they like and flirting aggressively until he/she is just as obsessed with her as she is with him – if not more. These girls aren’t terrified to make the first move, the thought of rejection doesn’t paralyze them, and they don’t spend a conversation blurting out awkward things and then trying to backtrack.
I am not one of these girls.
I’m shy, and I always have been. I’ve gotten a lot more outgoing than I used to be, but I still describe myself as a shy person. I’ve never made the first move, ever, and when I was single, the idea of a first date made me want to crawl under a rock. Trying to get the attention of my crush was a mix of embarrassing and pathetic moments that usually ended in him hooking up with another girl because he had no clue how I felt. So, it’s safe to know that I know what it’s like to be around the person you like when you’re shy. I wrote this for all the other quiet girls out there. Here are 15 things all shy girls do when they have a crush on someone:
1. Stare at your crush until they notice you, then look away really quickly and act like you weren’t just staring.
2. Wait for your crush to talk to you rather than approach them, even when you’re dying to talk.
3. Blush the entire time you’re talking to your crush even though you have nothing to be blushing about.
4. Go places you know your crush will be at, not trying to stalk him/her, but just in the hopes that he/she will talk to you.
5. Hold eye contact for a few seconds because you read you should do that, then freak out about it.
6. Talk to him/her online a lot but when you see them in person, clam up completely.
7. Say something extremely awkward. All the time. In every conversation.
8. Laugh or giggle when you’re at a loss for words, even if it doesn’t make sense.
9. Try to think of something witty and smart and wonderful to say when talking, but actually think of it three hours after you spoke.
10. Make sure you’re in a group setting with him/her because it’s easier to talk that way.
11. Refuse to flirt unless you’re almost positive he/she is flirting with you.
12. Only tell him/her any kind of true feelings through text messages.
13. Fidget like a manic when talking to him/her, whether you’re tapping your feet, playing with your hair, or cracking your knuckles.
14. Get to a point where you avoid him/her because you’re so nervous.
15. Tell everyone how you feel about you crush… except, you know, your crush.
Are you a shy girl? Can you relate to these? What can you relate to the most? What did I forget? Tell me in the comments.