This year, after a lot of careful searching and some very lucky shopping, I bought two pairs of over-the-knee boots. One is a more casual, brown leather boot from Lucky Brand, the other is a slightly more dressed up version in black suede with a small wedge heel from Franco Sarto. I am head-over-heels in love with both pairs. After wearing over-the-knee boots, I don’t think I can go back to wearing the mid-calf boots I used to be into.
When worn a certain way, over-the-knee boots can give off a seriously sexy vibe – if you pair them with a mini-skirt, or wear them with a high heel, everyone better watch out! But a lot of people don’t realize that they can also be super casual, like my brown leather Lucky Brand OTK boots. Regardless of how you want to wear yours, you need to buy a pair! And once you have them, you need to check out all of the fun ways you can style them. Here are 20 style tips on how to wear over-the-knee boots.
1. Keep it casual with a plaid shirt, whether you leave it unbuttoned or not.
2. An all-black outfit somehow looks even more chic when you add black over-the-knee boots and a floppy hat.
3. Over-the-knee boots with shorts can be a very bold look. Add a long sweater and tights, and you’ve got something a little more tame.
4. Over-the-knee boots dress up a slouchy sweater, a graphic tee and ripped jeans instantly.
5. Stay cozy and comfy in over-the-knee boots, leggings, a long t-shirt, a sweater and a beanie. This is so cute and easy!
6. This is proof that you can wear a romper in the winter: add tights, high boots, a scarf and a hat.
7. A leather jacket instantly toughens up your look.
8. You don’t have to go for a short dress with your over-the-knee boots. A longer dress looks just as good.
9. A cozy, over-sized sweater balances out the sexiness of heeled over-the-knee boots.
10. A long tunic looks perfect with OTK boots – add a floppy hat for a touch of boho style.
11. Over-the-knee boots can transform even the most simple black dresses into something more interesting.
12. A long bright sweater, a statement necklace and a skinny jeans is a no-brainer to wear with your OTK boots.
13. Go for the preppy look with a plaid or tartan mini skirt, simple sweater and tights.
14. Over-the-knee boots look perfect with leather leggings and a long blouse.
15. Add a long cardigan that skims the top of your boots for a cozy outfit.
16. A sweater dress and over-the-knee boots make the cutest fall outfit!
17. In slightly warmer weather, a light dress looks great with over-the-knee boots.
18. You can keep things simple and casual with a fitted cardigan and fun scarf.
19. A fur vest makes your over-the-knee boots look even more glam.
20. Balance the sexiness of a short skirt and over-the-knee boots with a slouchy, slightly over-sized sweater.
Which of these outfits is your favorite? How do you wear your over-the-knee boots? What style tips do you want to see next? Tell me in the comments.