This past summer, I practically lived in maxi skirt. I paired them with crop tops, t-shirts, loose tank tops, and even sometimes used them as a bathing suit cover-up. The maxi skirt became my go-to for when I wanted to be comfortable but still look cute and chic. I’ve been missing them so much that I know I need to start incorporating them into my winter wardrobe.
Even though it sounds weird, it’s totally possible to wear maxi skirts in the colder weather – yes, even in the snow! When it’s styled the right way, a maxi skirt actually looks amazing in the fall and winter. They’re so effortlessly glam and cute. Want to bring your maxi out of the closet? Here are 20 style tips on how to wear maxi skirts in the winter, with a bunch of cute outfit ideas:
1. Pair your maxi with a slim sweater. Add a long necklace to break up the look.
2. Keep things simple by wearing a solid-colored long-sleeve shirt with a patterened maxi. Add a bright scarf to stay warm and add some color.
3. Get cozy with lots of layers. A chambray shirt buttoned up and tucked into your maxi looks fresh and cool. Add a long cozy cardigan and a beanie.
4. A different way to wear a plaid shirt is to tuck it into your maxi. Add a scarf for warmth.
5. Wear a denim jacket and a scarf with your maxi for a perfect fall outfit.
6. Sweaters with a maxi skirt can sometimes look bulky. Keep the look more stream-lined by front-tucking your sweater like so:
7. Lots of layers are key for staying warm! Wear a chambray shirt open over another shirt with your maxi. And don’t forget your winter coat!
8. Another way to keep a sweater and maxi combo from being too bulky is to wear a belt over the sweater at your waist. This will elongate your legs and it just looks very pretty.
9. Tuck a pretty sweater into a colorful maxi skirt for a more sophisticated look. A statement necklace adds some glamour.
10. A high-waist maxi skirt is a perfect match to a boxy, cropped sweater. Add heeled booties for some height.
11. Tuck in a plaid shirt, wear a soft blazer over it for warmth, and then belt the whole look to cinch in your waist.
12. Stay comfy and warm by wearing your maxi with a slim cardigan and a scarf. Heeled booties keep this look from being too casual.
13. Wear a fur vest with your maxi and a long-sleeved shirt to look super chic.
14. A fitted blazer and a pretty scarf make a maxi skirt look more professional.
15. A utility jacket and chunky boots will toughen up a maxi skirt outfit in no time.
16. A striped shirt and a black maxi is a classic combo. Add a floppy hat and scarf as cute accessories, and put a skinny belt at your waist to look pulled together.
17. I love the simple of contrast of a leather jacket with a feminine maxi skirt. The beanie is such a cute accessory to add on.
18. Turtlenecks are huge for winter this year. Wear one tucked into your favorite maxi skirt.
19. I’m kind of obsessed with this creative way to wear an over-sized poncho. Simply belt it at your waist with a maxi. Amazing!
20. A patterened, cropped blazer looks great with a matching maxi.
Which of these outfits is your favorite? How do you wear your maxi skirt in the winter? What fashion tips do you want to see next? Tell me in the comments.