My eyes are my absolute favorite feature, so every day, I focus on making them stand out. If I don’t have eye makeup on to accentuate and enhance my eyes, I feel naked and totally self-conscious. My eyes are quite large, and I would describe them as either protruding or round. One thing’s for sure: no matter what color eye shadow I’m wearing or how much mascara I apply, my eyes are always making a statement.
I love that, because I truly do believe the statement that “eyes are the window to your soul.” I think everyone can benefit from learning how to flatter their particular eye shape – enhancing your facial features, like your eyes, can really make a big difference in how you look. And believe it or not, there are certain ways to apply eye shadow according to what kind of shape you have. Want to know more? Here are 15 tips and tricks on how to flatter your eye shape with makeup:
1. First, figure out what your eye shape is. Here are the basic shapes:
2. Confused? Here are the shapes with real-life examples to give you a better idea of what they look like:
3. Here some basic dos and don’ts of applying makeup with certain eye shapes:
4. Laura Merceir’s helpful tips show you which colors to go for and how to apply your makeup.
5. Here are maps on where to apply each shade of eye shadow depending on your eye shape:
6. And here are more tips on where to apply each shade:
7. These tips will show you which colors look best with your eye shape:
8. This Smashbox guide shows how to do three different looks for each eye shape.
9. Want to do some winged eyeliner? Here are the best ways to do so for four different kinds of shapes:
10. More tips and tricks can be found in this guide:
11. These tips show you how to enhance your shape and adjust anything you want to change a little.
12. Here’s how to use eyeliner to change the way your eye shape looks:
13. Cat eye makeup can be tricky when your lids are smaller. Here’s how to do it for a monolid shape:
14. Here’s how to do the cat eye with an almond shape…
15. …And here’s how to do it for hooded eyes.
Which of these tips did you find the most helpful? Which eye shape do you have? What kind of beauty tips do you want to see next? Tell me in the comments.