Okay, I’m not going to beat around the bush on this: People can be so clueless about sexuality, especially sexual orientations that they don’t associate with. People rely on stereotypes and myths to understand reality, which leads to a serious case of…ignorance and stupidity.
You might think I’m being a little over the top, but trust me, you’ll be a little shocked with a ton of second-hand embarrassment after reading some of these Yahoo Answers questions about lesbians. Apparently the concept of women liking women inspires a lot of confusion in people. Check out 10 particularly ridiculous questions that your fellow humans had about lesbians and get ready to cringe.
1. Because every lesbian ever is attracted to you and will check you out while you’re changing, right?
3. “No, I’m not homophobic.” Except for the fact that you are.
4. Uh, I guess?
5. Newsflash: Penis in vagina sex isn’t the only way to have sex.
6. Or nah.
7. Key word: Stage kiss.
8. Maybe you were just bored of Channing Tatum’s never ending grinding?
9. That awkward moment when you end up being the idiot after calling someone else one.
Anyone with female reproductive organs can get pregnant! Sexual orientation doesn’t determine that.
10. Again, not every single lesbian is attracted to you just like not every single guy is attracted to you. Stop being so full of yourself!
What other ridiculous stereotypes have you heard about lesbians? Have you had to personally confront any? Tell us in the comments!